Do you want to open an AdvanceConnect account with securus? As you know that AdvanceConnect is a prepaid calling account. With it, all calls will connect to all phone types such as cell phones, landline phones, and Voice over Internet Protocol phones pening facility restrictions. However, it is important for you to note that there are some phone numbers which are not permitted such as google voice, globphone, call2friends or app phone numbers.
You are allowed to add a number of phone numbers to your account so that you are able to be reached wherever you are. How to start it? You can access this here and then click the Sign In button. Here are the complete steps for you.
Registering Your Phone with Securus
You are able to follow the steps below to register your phone number with Securus.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access this here and then hit the Sign In button in the Advance Connect option.
- After that, you have to enter your email address and then confirm your email address.
- You also have to create a password. When you create a password, you have to make sure that it has 8 characters with 1 upper case letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number. And then, you have to confirm your password.
- Then, you have to read terms and conditions and check the box. It is done to indicate that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After that, you will be asked 3 security questions and answers where it is done to help secure your account.
- And then, you will complete the enrollment by inserting your contact information including your first name, last name, email address, county, address, address Line 2, city, state, Zip, phone, 4 digit passcode, and then confirm 4 digit passcode. And then, don’t forget to enter the verification code.
- Now, you have set up your access and you are able to log in and finish the setup of your account by choosing Sign In.
- After that, you have to choose the Advanced Connect Account and choose Next.
- In this step, you have to choose State, choose Facility and click on the Submit button.
- And now, you have to choose My Account from the Top Menu and choose Add Funds to add money to the account so you are able to begin receiving calls.
The steps above are based on the explanation about Securus Online AdvanceConnect Account Setup on the Securus website in the Securus Customer Care page.
About Advance Connect
AdvanceConnect account is a friend and family-owned prepaid calling account where it permits you to receive collect calls from an inmate. This service has the charges which are deducted automatically from your prepaid account. With Securus prepaid AdvanceConnect account, you are able to control your spending and it can guarantee that you will get calls from correctional facilities.
Here are the benefits that you can get from this account.
- Per transaction, the maximum funding amount is up to $50.00.
- You can receive calls from an inmate as long as there are funds available in your account.
- A number of phone numbers are able to be added to your account so that the inmate can reach your home phone, cell phone, work phone, neighbors, other relatives, friends and more.
- Call will give connection to cell phones, but it is subject to facility restrictions.
- You have 24/7/365 access to your account on Securus website or you are able to contact Securus team through phone.
About Inbound Connect
It can be difficult for you to wait for a phone call from an inmate. However, you do not have to be worried again about it because with Inbound Connect, you are able to proactively reach out and connect in real time. Do you know what Inbound Connect is? It is a feature of Advance Connect that gives you permission to connect using your Securus mobile app. If you want to sign up, there is no cost. Do you want to know how to sign up? You are able to follow the steps below as explained on the Securus Technologies site.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to your AdvanceConnect account on the Securus app on your smartphone. Then, you have to choose Inbound Connect.
- After that, you have to add your inmate as a contact.
- When the connection is started, your inmate will receive a real time notification on their personal tablet.
- And now, you are able to get connected.
It is important for you to note that the availability of Inbound Connect feature may vary by agency. Besides, it is also important for you to note that taxes, standard call rates and fees apply. Notification which is real time will only be provided only on Personal Tablets.
There are a number of convenient funding methods that are offered by Securus and you can choose based on your preference.
The first method is by credit / debit card online or by phone. The types of payment are accepted only or by phone.
The second method is by Western Union. You can do that with cash, credit/ debit card, money order or cashier’s check. You can make payments easily in person or online using Western Union Quick Collect. If you want to use Quick Collect, you have to follow the instructions below according to the Securus Technologies site.
- You are able to find the receiver of the Quick Collect payment under Select Other Billers and it should be Securus.
- You have to follow the online prompts to complete the payment.
- Let’s say that you are not a registered user at Western Union. If so, you will be asked to register.
How to use Western Union Payment Form? In the Payment Information section, there are some fields to fill in including Pay To, Code City and state. So, to fill in these sections, you have to fill in them like this:
- Pay To: Securus
- Code City: Securus
- State: Texas
Your 6 or 7 digit account number must be included and if you are not sure about your account number, you have to sign in or you are able to call Securus at 1-800-844-6591.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…