Epub file is a file in the Open eBook file format. This type of files can be downloaded and read on your computer, smartphone, tablet or e-reader. If we want to open EPUB files on a computer, how to do that? Here, we will help you by giving an explanation about opening EPUB files on PC.
Opening EPUB Files on Computer Using Microsoft Edge
You are able to open EPUB files on your computer in Microsoft Edge. How to do that? The steps below can be followed by you to do that.
- The first thing that you have to do is to right click the Start button.
- After clicking on the Start button, then you have to click on Setting.
- Next, you have to click on Apps.
- In this step, the thing that you have to do is to click on Default apps.
- And then, you need to click on Choose default apps by file type. To find it, you have to scroll down.
- Now, you have to click the app beside .epub and you may have to scroll down to be able to find it.
- Here, you have to click on Microsoft Edge.
Well, it is easy, isn’t it? You are able to open youe EPUb files in Microsoft Edge now.
Steps to Open EPUB Files on Windows Using Adobe Digital Editions
If you want to read EPUB or PDF ebooks on your PC, you can follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your Windows or Mac computer.
- After that, you have to access File and then choose Add to Library.
- Now, you have to find the saved EPUB or PDF file on your computer. You will see that by default files are saved to the Downloads folder of your computer.
- Then, you have to double click an ebook to start reading or you are able to follow the steps to be able to transfer it to an ereader.
Tools For Opening EPUB Files
EPUB files can be opened on a computer with some free programs including Calibre, iBooks, Adobe Digital Editions, EPUB File Reader, Stanza Desktop, Okular and Sumatra PDF. But, what is the best EPUB reader for Windows 10? Those are listed below.
It is an open-source ebook management application which is free to use. It is an ebook reader which can support EPUB files and other popular ebook formats. Also, you will be able to find an ebook collection manager, editing feature and many more. This application also supports RSS feeds so that you can collect news from your favorite magazines and news sites in one place. So, you can do it without having to open a web browser. The interface of this application also makes it easy to manage your ebook archive.
- Adobe Digital Editions
This tool offers you to be able to access your ebook across multiple file-formats including EPUB3, EPUB, and PDF. Also, you are able to modify text and document size on different formats. This tool is also able to be used with various screen readers including Window-eyes, JAWS, and NVDA in Windows and Voiceover on Mac OS.
Freda is a program for reading ebooks and it is free to use. Here, you are able to read more than 50,000 public domain classic books, from Feedbooks, Gutenberg and other online catalogs. Also, you are able to read your own books in the supported format including EPUB, MOBI, FB2, HTML and TXT. It offers customisable controls, colours and fonts and also annotations and bookmarks. Also, it has the ability to look up dictionary definitions and translations and text to speech reading. This application can understand EPUB formatting information and can show images and diagrams in books.
- Icecream EPUB Reader
This application does not only support EPUB, but also FB2, MOBI, PDF, CBR, CBZ and TXT. With this application, you are able to add notes or highlight text with the EPUB reader of this application, transfer your ebook collection from one Windows PC to another, find text in ebooks of EPub and many more.
With Kobo, you are able to add non-protected PDF files and non-protected EPUB files onto your Kobo ereader. However, it seems that this reader is not free. So, you have to prepare some money to pay for this tool.
This application is the best app that you are able to use for reading and managing your comic book. It is free and it can support a lot of formats including CBZ/ ZIP, 7Z/ CB7, CBR/ RAR, CBT, PDF and EPUB. With it, you are able to store your comic books whenever you want and customize your reading experience such as the night mode, cropping, background color and so on. Until now, there are more than 1.1 million downloads and 4+ stars which are achieved by this application. Even this application has been featured several times by Microsoft in the US, France, CA and many more.
In the Nook store, EPUB and PagePerfect Nook Books are the standard format for Nook Books. Also, EPUB files are supported in unprotected and Adobe DRM-protected formats. In addition, you are able to transfer books in other formats.
So, besides using Microsoft Edge and Adobe Digital Editions as we explain above, you are also able to use the tools above to open EPUB files on your PC. So, you are able to choose which application that you want to use for opening the EPUB files that you have.
Do you need an application for opening EPUB on your mobile devices? If you want to open EPUB files on your mobile devices, you are able to use different tools depending on the types of mobile devices that you have.
- If you use an iPhone, you are able to open EPUB files by using Stanza or iBooks.
- If you use an iPad, you are able to open EPUB files by using Stanza or iBooks.
- If you use Android devices, you are able to open EPUB files by using FBReaderJ.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…