In Minecraft, a lectern is a job site block of a librarian that can be found in villages. Usually, a lectern is used to hold books for multiple players to read in multiplayer. Can we make a Lectern in Minecraft? If so, how to do that? Then, how about making a bookshelf?
Making a Lectern in Minecraft
Lectern can be made in Minecraft by using these materials:
- 4 Oak Wood Slabs
- 1 Bookshelf
- 4 Acacia Wood Slabs
- 4 Dark Oak Wood Slabs
- 4 Crimson Slabs
- 4 Spruce Wood Slabs
- 4 Jungle Wood Slabs
- 4 Birch Wood Slabs
- 4 Warped Slabs
You can see that the materials that can be used for making a Lectern are so many of them, but it does not mean that you have to use all of the materials. You just have to choose any type of wooden slabs
And here are the steps to make a Lectern in Minecraft Survival Mode.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open your crafting menu so that you will have the 3×3 crafting grid.
- After opening the crafting menu, you have to make a lectern by putting 1 bookshelf and 4 wooden slabs in the crafting grid. As we have explained that you are able to choose any wooden slabs to craft a lectern, but in this example we will use oak slabs.
- Same as when you craft other things in Minecraft, when you make a lectern, you also need to put the materials in the exact pattern. What is the exact pattern of crafting a lectern or the recipe for lectern? In the first row of the crafting table, you have to put 3 wooden slabs. Then in the second row, you have to put 1 bookshelf in the middle box. In the third row, you have to put 1 wooden slab in the middle box.
- If you have filled the crafting area with the correct pattern, now you will see that the lectern appears in the box to the right.
- The thing that you have to do here is to move the lectern to inventory. If you have crafted a lectern, you have to move it to your inventory.
About Lectern in Minecraft
In Minecraft, lecterns can be generated in village libraries. They can be broken with any tool, but if you use an axe, it will be faster. Lecterns will drop themselves and the book they are holding. What can we do with a lectern? You are able to use a lectern to hold a single book and quill or written book that other players can read at the same time. If you right click on a lectern with a book already occupied, it will open an interface to read the book.
If there is a lectern in a village and it has not been claimed by a villager, any villager has an opportunity to be able to change their profession into a librarian if the villagers have not chosen a job site block yet. For your information, lecterns can also be used as fuel in furnaces to be able to smelt 1.5 items. They also can be put under note blocks to generate bass sound.
Making a Bookshelf in Minecraft
In Minecraft, a bookshelf is a decorative block which usually serves to enhance enchanting with an enchanting table. Do you want to make a bookshelf in Minecraft? If you want to make a bookshelf in Minecraft, here are the materials that you can use to craft a bookshelf.
- 3 Books
- 6 Acacia Planks
- 6 Oak Planks
- 6 Dark Oak Planks
- 6 Spruce Planks
- 6 Crimson Planks
- 6 Birch Planks
- 6 Jungle Planks
- 6 Warped Planks
You do not have to collect all of the materials above because you just have to use any type of wood plank.
And here are the steps that you can follow to craft a bookshelf in Minecraft Survival Mode.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open your crafting table. By opening it, you will have the 3×3 crafting grid.
- After that, you have to put the materials to the crafting grid where you have to put 6 wood planks and 3 books. As we explained earlier that you can choose any kind of wood planks for making a bookshelf such as birch, spruce, oak, jungle, acacia, crimson, dark oak, or warped planks as we mentioned above in the materials section, but now will make a bookshelf by using oak wood planks. Another thing that you should note is that you have to make sure that you put the materials in the exact pattern as you can see below.
– You have to put 3 wood planks in the first row.
– You have to put 3 books in the second row.
– You have to put 3 wood planks in the third row.
- If you have filled the crafting area with the right pattern, there will be the bookshelf appearing in the box to the right.
- The thing that you have to do now is to move the bookshelf that you have crafted to your inventory.
About Bookshelf in Minecraft
In Minecraft, a bookshelf is a decorative block which can be used to enhance enchanting with an enchanting table. It is generated in village libraries and some village houses. In the Strongholds, there may be up to two libraries and each of them may be single-level or have an upper balcony. These have some bookshelves which are arranged in pillars. Also, there are more bookshelves which are arranged in pillars in the walls. In the single-level libraries, there are 161 bookshelves and in the libraries with balconies, there are 233 bookshelves
You are able to break bookshelves easily by hand, but if you use an axe, it will be faster. They will drop 3 books when broken and it permits the reconstruction of the bookshelf with the addition of six wood planks.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…