As a Windows user, you may want to get the best help to find anything within. However, the best help with File Explorer in Windows 10 is such a great feature that you can use in all aspects including the Quick Access, the Keyboard Shortcut, the Hard Drive Management and many more.
Apart from the Get Help feature on Windows, you may also be looking for the way of how to find and retrieve a deleted file. So, if you want to know both, you surely have to keep staying on this page to get it in a clear way. Let’s see how to get them!
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
To find Get Help for Windows 10, you definitely have to choose the Get Help link when you are in Settings to learn more about the settings you are using and find the answers to your questions. To get help with File Explorer, of course all you need to do is to access the File Explorer first in Windows.
Need to know that almost all Windows users open File Explorer to manage their files. It means that you will need to show you Windows 10 File Explorer help. To access Windows 10 File Explorer, at least there are multiple ways that you can follow, they are:
From This PC: You surely will find an icon named This PC on the desktop when your computer is on. If you double-click on it, you will automatically get the interface of File Explorer.
- From the Taskbar: When your PC is turned on, you can launch some programs from the taskbar which are provided they are already locked prior to this operation.
- From Cortana: Each Windows 10 edition comes with intelligent assistance Cortana. If you have no This PC icon on the desktop or File Explorer on the taskbar, you are able to type File Explorer in the Cortana search box and then find it from the best match. Because you are here, you are able to pin it to the Windows Start menu or the Taskbar.
- From Start Menu: When you click the Windows Start menu, you are able to find an item called File Explorer.
- From Power User Task Menu: To find it, you can press the Windows logo key and X together to load the Power User menu, then, File Explorer should be listed there.
- From Shortcut Key: When you press Windows logo key and E together, the File Explorer is going to appear immediately.
Finally, when you are in Windows 10 File Explorer, you are going to see the five categories from the left action panel, they are Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC, Libraries and Network.
Best Features in Windows 10 File Explorer
Apart from File Explorer in Windows 10, you may also wonder if there is any Windows 10 File Explorer tutorial which helps you to go through all the tricks easily. Here are the best features that you can find in Windows 10 File Explorer:
- Home Tab: This feature can be found on the left corner of the File Explorer. It makes most of the tasks and command easier to find. It also copies a file or deletes it so that you can perform it through the home tab.
- Share Tab: This tab can be found on the top left corner in the File Explorer. It allows you to share plenty of files and folders wherever you want through just one tap.
- View Tab: By using this tab, you are able to preview the pictures and documents by clicking the Preview Pane. You can also change the file preview from a small icon which shows the details to a large icon showing title.
- Quick Access: Indeed, it is one of the most useful features of the latest File Explorer. By using this feature, you are able to visit files and folders that you have visited.
- One Drive: Windows 8.1 allows you to save the files directly to OneDrive but you cannot sync the file in OneDrive with your PC or local system.
How to Find and Retrieve a Deleted Files
However, to retrieve the deleted files, it is simply to do as long as you didn’t press the Empty Recycle Bin button. Here are the simple ways to do it:
Way 1: How to find and retrieve a deleted files
- Firstly, you need to open the Recycle Bin to find. Then, right-click the files you want and select Restore.
- By finding Restore, it will automatically retrieve deleted files back to their original location.
- Once you restore the file, you are able to copy the files to other drives as you like.
Way 2: How to retrieve a deleted Files on PC with Recycle Bin
- You definitely can restore a deleted files on PC with Recycle Bin with quick steps, they are:
- First, you need to right-click on the icon on the desktop.
- Then, you can select Open from the drop-down menu.
- In this step, you can check and choose files to recover.
- After that, right-click on the files you need.
- You can choose Restore from to recover selected files. You can also drag out the files from Recycle Bin to restore it.
Way 3: How to retrieve a deleted files with software
If both ways above cannot solve your problem, it is time to take third-party software. One of the softwares that you can use is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- First, once you have downloaded the software, you can choose the exact file location and click the Scan button to continue.
- Then, wait for the scan to complete. Once the process finishes, you are able to preview the found files and choose what you need.
- Now, you can click the Recover button to save the restored files to another location rather than the original one.
- Last, you can click OK to finish the recovery.
Well, those are the ways in retrieving the deleted files that you can choose to recover the deleted files. Make sure to choose one of them or try to use the way one-by-one.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…