In order to play Fortnite in multiplayer mode, you surely have to invite some friends to join. Unfortunately, there will be a circumstance when you cannot invite or accept the friend request. However, it can be a bad situation even if you’re going to play Fortnite with your friends.
That’s not a serious problem as there are many other players who get the same problem for it. If you get it, the only way that you can do is to look for ways to fix it well. Fixing the friend request not working problem is pretty easy. Let’s see how to fix it below!
Fixing Fortnite Friend Request Not Working. Here’s How!
This post will guide you to solve your problem in which you cannot invite or accept the friend request in Fortnite. Somehow, the problem of friend requests not working can occur on any platform. Here, we’ll show you the general way to fix the friend request not working through Fortnite settings.
If you really cannot send or accept the friend request, the problem probably can be caused by any factors as follow:
- You probably have 500 or more pending friend requests.
- You may try to send a friend request to an account which has reached an incoming friend request limit of 500.
Way 1: Through Epic Games Launcher
To fix the friend request not working, you can take multiple ways through Epic Games launcher.
- Firstly, you need to open your Epic Games Launcher up.
- Once you open it, you can then click on Friends option and followed by choose Add Friend option.
- Here, you should navigate to Requests.
- Then, you will see if you really have any inbound or outbound friendship requests.
To note, your friend request will not show up for them if you send it to have reached the friend limit of 700. To find all of that information about it, you can get it from the friends section of your Epic Games Launcher.
Way 2: Through Friend Settings
Aside from fixing the friend request not working through Epic Games Launcher, you can also take the second way through Friend Settings. From this setting, you can do the following ways:
- The friend request may be not working as the Auto Decline feature is turned on. To check it, you can open the main menu.
- After that, you can click on the Settings option.
- Here, you can continue to click on the Account and Privacy tab.
- You can find the Auto Decline Friend Requests option under the Social header.
- In this way, you can then click on the arrow to choose Yes or No option.
Yes means that your account automatically will ignore any friend requests.
No means that you can manually accept or decline friend requests.
Those apply only if you and the person you try to send the friend request have verified their Email, the friend request will then go through.
Way 3: Fix Your Internet Connection
Your friend requests not working may be caused by your bad internet connection. Of course, you can fix it by checking your internet connection. Here’s how to check your internet connection!
- First, ensure that you use a reliable network connection while sending the friend request.
- After that, you can try restarting your router or modem if you have not completed it in a while.
- You can then decrease the amount of devices which are connected to the same network.
- Here, you can use a hardwired (Ethernet) connection while sending the friend request.
Well, those are all ways that you can try to fix if the friend request is not working.
Important! If you fail many times and those ways do not work, it’s better for you to log out of your Epic Games account and you can then log back in. Here, make sure that you already verify your Email as Epic Games will send you any important information about a potential account ban. However, that can be the reason why you cannot send or accept the friend request.
How to Add Friends in Fortnite?
Fortnite allows you to easily send friend requests to your friends on other platforms. Besides, you can also send them to some people you have played recently. If you are a newcomer to Fortnite, you may wonder how to add friends in Fortnite.
So, here’s how to add friends in Fortnite!
- First of all, you have to launch Fortnite.
- Then, create a Save the World, Battle Royale or Creative lobby. (The type of lobby you’ll create does not matter as friends which are added in Save the World will also be available in Battle Royale and vice versa. If you desire to play Fortnite as soon as your friend accepts your request, you can then create a lobby for the mode that you want to play Fortnite to save your time).
- After that, click on the friends icon which looks like human silhouettes (If you’re playing on mobile or PC). On Xbox One, you can press the view button, on PS4, you can press the touchpad button and on Nintendo Switch, you can press the “–“ button.
- Then, click on the Add Friends option (for PC and Mobile players), press “X” (for Xbox One players), press “Y” (for Nintendo Switch players) and press “Square” (for PlayStation 4 players).
- Here, you need to choose the Enter Display Name or Email.
- You can then enter your friend’s Epic Games display name or their email. For Xbox One users are able to access it by pressing A, for PS4 users can access it by tapping X, and for Nintendo Switch can access it by pressing the B button.
- Once you already enter your friend’s display name or email name correctly, you automatically will see a Friend Request Sent message popping up on your screen.
- If your friends accept your request, their name will show on your friend list in the Epic Friends section.
- Now, you can invite them to play in multiplayer mode.
All ways above should be done if you really have not many friends on your friends list.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…