In the game known as Animal Crossing New Horizons or ACNH, the Scallop is described as a benthic creature. It has the scientific name Patinopecten yessoensis. It is from the Pectiinidae family. Before making its appearance in this game, it appeared for the first time in another title of the series, which is Animal Crossing New Leaf.
If you are interested in Scallops and want to know more, do not stop and continue reading as you will be informed about a lot of things, including about how to find them.
- Scientific name: Patinopecten yessoensis
- Family: Pectinidae
- Size: 6.35 inches
- Shadow size: Medium, slow
- Location: Bottom of the ocean
- Price: 1,200 Bells
- Appearance: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Animal Crossing New Horizons
How do you find the Scallops in Animal Crossing New Horizons? Actually, the method to find Scallops in Animal Crossing New Horizons is the same as the method to find the other underwater creatures, which is by diving for them. Before diving, it is important for you to make sure that they are available to be caught in your region. If you have no idea, you can check the followings:
- Northern Hemisphere: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December (all year)
- Southern Hemisphere: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December (all year)
Once you are sure about everything, it is time for you to follow the complete guide to dive to find them, as follows:
- The first thing that you need to do is to get a wetsuit. There are two ways of getting one. The first one is from the cabinet in the shop called Nook’s Cranny and the second one is from the Nook stop terminal located at the Resident Service. With this suit, you will be allowed to enter the oceans.
- After getting a wetsuit, it is time for you to press the A button to go dive into the ocean and look for the small bubbles rising to the surface. If you are wondering what are the use of the bubbles, they indicate that there is a sea creature below.
- Upon seeing these bubbles, remember to hold Y to dive close to them.
- When you are close enough, the next thing to do is to come in contact with the underwater shadow.
- You will have to match the shadow with the shadow of Scallop.
- If you are confident that it is really the one, do not waste your time and just capture it and check if it is really Scallop on the surface.
- Feel free to repeat the method until you come up with a Scallop.
It should be easy for you to try your luck finding Scallops in the ocean by following the steps above. In case something goes wrong, do not hesitate to reach out to the representative of the developer of Animal Crossing New Horizons called Nintendo. Another option that you can choose is to seek help from the communities or forums of the game, especially the one that is related to the title.
After getting Scallops, you can trade it to get something. To be able to trade Scallops, you will have to meet Pascal and he will be available to see you once a day. You will be immediately asked by him if he can have the Scallops that you caught right after you get the first one.
Talking about the items that you can get by trading with Scallops, they appear randomly. The first one is a pearl. This one is used to craft the items from the Mermaid Set, the one that is introduced with the summer update. Aside from that, there are also Mermaid clothing and the Mermaid DIY Recipes. For the Mermaid DIY Recipes, the list includes:
- Mermaid Bed: x2 Pearl, x2 Giant Clam, x5 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Chair: x1 Pearl, x2 Giant Clam, x2 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Closet: x2 Pearl, x1 Giant Clam, x2 Coral, x5 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Dresser: x2 Pearl, x1 Giant Clam, x3 Coral
- Mermaid Rug: x1 Pearl, x3 Sand Dollars
- Mermaid Shelf: x1 Pearl, x1 Giant Clam, x4 Coral
- Mermaid Sofa: x1 Pearl, x10 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Vanity: x1 Pearl, x1 Giant Clam, x2 Coral, x2 Iron Nugget
- Mermaid Wall Clock: x1 Pearl, x3 Sea Snail, x2 Coral, x2 Iron Nugget
- Mermaid Flooring: x2 Pearl, x5 Sand Dollar, x5 Sand
- Mermaid Screen: x2 Pearl, x3 Giant Clam, x5 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Lamp: x1 Pearl, x3 Conch, x2 Coral, x2 Iron Nugget
- Mermaid Table: x1 Pearl, x4 Sand Dollar
- Mermaid Wall: x2 Pearl, x2 Sea Snail, x2 Sand Dollar, x2 Coral, x2 Giant Clam
The second thing that you can do with the Scallops is to donate it to the museum that is run by the Blathers. In Animal Crossing New Horizons, after making a donation or choosing the Tell me more about this! Option, the thing that will be said by Blathers is:
“Ah, the scallop! It just goes to show, you can’t keep a good bivalve down. While most members of its family are known for staying put, the scallop is a nimble fellow indeed. When a hungry sea star approaches, the scallop can swim away by clap-clap-clapping its shells together! “How does a scallop know when a predator approaches?” you ask. Why, it has 200 eyes to see with! It makes one wonder what else the scallop sees with all those eyes… I fear it sees into my very soul!”
In addition to these, Scallops can also be used as the secret ingredients to make Clam Chowder on the Turkey Day event. Not only Scallop, making Clam Chowder also requires x3 Manila Clams for both Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere. Go get these main ingredients on the beaches. Once you have successfully gathered both the main ingredients and the secret ingredient, which is Scallop, meet Franklin and you will be rewarded with a Turkey Day Rug for cooking this dish.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…