When your android phone is lost and you know that there is a lot of important data on that device, you may be worried. You are afraid that there are irresponsible people who use your data on your Android for bad things. So, you must find your lost Android phone. However, how do we find a lost Android phone which is turned off? Let’s read the method for finding a lost android phone which is turned off below.
Finding A Lost Android Which Is Turned Off with Find My Device
Find My Device can be used to find your lost smartphone which is still on so that you can locate it in real time. However, if your lost smartphone is turned off, you are also still able to use this app to check the last location where your android can be found. Here are the steps to use Find MY Device app.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access android.com/find or you are able to open the Find My Device app on another Android device.
- After that, you have to sign in to your Google account. You have to make sure that you are signed in to the Google account which is linked to your missing device.
- Then, there will be a full list of your devices which are linked to the chosen Google account. Now, the thing that you have to do is to click on your lost android to see the location of that android.
By using Find My Device feature, you are allowed to play a sound on your phone, secure your device with your PIN and also delete your data remotely. So, it can help you to find and protect your device.
For your information, Find My Device is the official tool of Google and it is easy to use for tracking your lost Android. To use this app, you do not have to install the app. However, if you want to track the location of your smartphone through someone’s smartphone, instead of using the mobile browser, you are able to use the Find My Device app by downloading it first.
Finding A Lost Android Which Is Turned Off with Google Timeline
If you want to find your lost Android which is turned off, you can do that by using Google Timeline. To do that, you have to make sure that your device is connected to your Google account and your device has or had access to the internet before it is turned off. Also, you have to make sure that Location Reporting and Location History are activated on your android.
If you use this feature to find your lost Android, you will use the location data of the android. Let’s say that your lost android is turned off. If so, the location history data can be used to identify the last recorded location. So, you have a bigger chance to be able to find your lost android.
The thing that you have to do to use this feature for finding your lost Android which is turned off is to go to the Your Timeline and you have to ensure the current day is chosen in the calendar. Alternatively, you are able to go straight to Google Maps and then open the sidebar and choose Timeline. On the left sidebar, a complete timeline of that day can be seen including the names of all recorded locations. On the right, all places visualized on a map can be seen by you as well.
Your Timeline uses cell tower IDs and Wi-Fi location detection to gather the data of location. So, the level of accuracy can vary. However, this feature can track the location of your phone frequently over a while. Let’s say that your phone was stolen. With Timeline, you are able to identify often visited locations which may be the home or workplace of the thief.
Finding A Lost Android Which Is Turned Off with Google Photos Location Info
Google Photos location info is another thing that you can use to find your lost android. If you want to use it to find your lost android, you have to make sure that your android has access to the internet and enabled Backup & Sync option in Google Photos. Also, someone must take pictures with your lost device. Let’s say that your android is lost because of being stolen. If so, and then the thief take a picture with your android, you can track it with Google Photos location info.
Let’s assume that your lost Android was stolen. Then, you can use the backup and sync feature of Google Photos. However, you have to make sure that you have activated this option in the app so that all images taken with your android will be uploaded to your Google Photos account. With it, the thing which will be uploaded is not only the picture, but also the location where it was taken. It means that if the thief did not log out from your Google Account and tried the camera to take a picture, the image will be uploaded to Google Photos. It can work if your lost android has an active internet and if you gave your photos app permission to be able to use your location.
Here are the steps that you can take to find your lost Android if all the requirements as explained above are met.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access photos.google.com. There, you have to log in by using your Google Account that is used in your lost android.
- Then, you are able to check whether there are any images which were taken after your device was stolen.
- If you find that there is an image which was taken after your Android was stolen, you are able to click on the image.
- After that, you have to click on the info icon which can be found in the top right corner.
- Now, in the appearing sidebar, you are able to read the information of the image. One of the information that you can see is the location where the image is taken.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…