As a veteran Roblox player, you may be missing the old version of Roblox website. You may also want to get the old version of Roblox back and start again to play any games in the old version. Not only you, in fact, there are also a lot of Roblox players who want to play the old version of Roblox back.
Why do many people want the old version of Roblox back? We think that it depends on the player’s wish. That’s because not all Roblox players really want to play any games in the old version of Roblox. Meanwhile, there may also be a number of players who want the old version of Roblox back.
People who want to get the old version of Roblox back may think that the older Roblox version is lighter and also easier to use as the navigation is quite clear. So, is it possible for you to get the old version of Roblox back? Find out the real answer from our post below!
Can You Access the Old Version of Roblox Back?
You’re definitely allowed to access the old version of Roblox site easily. However, you cannot access the older version of Roblox directly as the official site of the old Roblox site is no longer available. So, what should you do?
To access the old version of Roblox site, you can take advantage of an archive site named WayBack Machine. The archive site here contains a collection of sites that are no longer used because the official site has been updated. However, if you want to view or re-check old or unused sites, you can do so through this archive site.
So as with Roblox, you can utilize the WayBack Machine site to get the old version of Roblox back. The archive site here can be accessed at http://web.archive.org. Aside from providing the old/unused sites, this site also provides book and text, videos, images, audio recordings, software programs and many more.
The only one reason why this site exists is because they want to help people to get free access in order to find what they’re looking for. This site definitely assists historians, researchers, bloggers and scholars to find the material that may no longer be available on official sites as it has been updated.
How to Access an Old Version of Roblox?
As we’ve mentioned, in order to access old versions of Roblox, you can visit the WayBack Machine site at http://web.archive.org. Once you’re at the page of this site, you will find the numerous menus which will guide you to find what you’re looking for.
The WayBack Machine site allows the users to find what they’re looking for easily by doing a search on ‘Search’ bar. Because you want to access the old version of Roblox site, you can then type ‘Roblox.com’ on the search bar to start the search.
Then, you will see a list of all older versions of Roblox site by year. Of course, you can see the first version of Roblox in 2004 until the latest version in 2021. Then, if you want to see the older version of Roblox site, you just simply click on the year and choose the date. By doing this, it will take you into the Roblox version that you choose.
WayBack Machine site provides all versions of Roblox starting from Roblox 2004 to 2021. If you access the site in each year, you definitely will see differences in appearance in each version of Roblox. Sure, you can explore and compare the oldest version with the newest version of Roblox.
We think that every Roblox player who already accesses each version of Roblox will compare which one is better either the older Roblox version or the newest one. So, people can give their own review.
Are you interested in accessing the old version of Roblox site? If so, thankfully, this post will show you a list of links for accessing each Roblox version by year. Here are they:
- Roblox 2004 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20040606001935/http://roblox.com/
- Roblox 2005 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20050629083321/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2006 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20060423172304/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2007 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20070103235511/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2008 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20080215084506/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2009 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20090120222542/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2010 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20100115002108/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2011 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20110715193202/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2012 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20120410052131/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2013 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20130310014120/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2014 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20141230143742/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2015 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20151230200503/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2016 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20161231174555/https://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2017 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20171231182105/http://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2018 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20181231203210/https://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2019 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20191231212536/https://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2020 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20200107010509/https://www.roblox.com/
- Roblox 2021 version can be accessed at http://web.archive.org/web/20210101011305/https://www.roblox.com/
The Development and History of Roblox
Roblox is a platform that contains a collection of games from various genres. The Roblox platform can also be used to create your own games. Roblox was founded by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel.
A beta version of Roblox was created in 2004, initially under the name DynaBlocks. Baszucki began testing the first demo of the year. Then, the name change was carried out in 2005.
As of September 2006, Roblox was officially available for everyone to use. Roblox also became a child-friendly platform in 2007 following the rules of COPPA. In the same year, Roblox added a premium membership feature called Builders Club.
In 2011, Roblox started to have a lot of developers during Hack Week. Developers can turn their brilliant ideas into a game. Robux then released the platform in the iOS version on December 11, 2012.
A year later, on October 1, 2013, the Developer Exchange was released where developers could exchange the Robux earned into real money. In August 2019, Roblox discontinued its support for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista. However, Roblox can be played using Windows 10 which has more security.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…