Suddenlink Communications is the name of a telecommunications company in the United States. This one is the part of Altice USA trading in cable TV, broadband, IP telephony, home security, and advertising. Before getting acquired by Altice, the company was the seventh largest cable operator with 1.5 million residential and 90,000 business subscribers. It is known to offer a relatively low price, making it one of the most favorite services.
Despite all the good things about Suddenlink, there are still some people who want to delete their Suddenlink account due to some reasons. One of the most popular reasons is because they keep getting spammed with emails and they find these emails annoying, to the point they want to delete their Suddenlink account.
If you are one of these people who want to delete your Suddenlink account, there are a few things that you have to remember, as follows:
- As a subscriber, you have the right to cancel your service before the expiration of the contract.
- A cancellation fee will be charged from you to confirm the cancellation.
- Suddenlink provides a deal of thirty (30) days money back guarantee.
If you are really sure that you want to delete your Suddenlink account, there are a few methods that you can try. All the methods can be found below:
Method 1: Delete Suddenlink account by phone (live agent)
The first method to delete a Suddenlink account is to contact a live agent by phone. If you are interested in trying this method, below are the instructions to follow:
- First of all, you should dial the number of Suddenlink live agent, which is 877-794-2724.
- When talking to them, make sure to state your intention to delete your Suddenlink account.
- To convince them, it is better for you to provide them with your account info.
- Aside from that, you will also have to request for a verbal confirmation code or email as proof of your cancellation.
Not only the phone number above, there is also another number that you can try to call. It is the number of the customer service of Suddenlink. The number is 1-877-694-9474. Just follow the following steps to talk to them:
- Firstly, you have to dial the customer support number of Suddenlink, which is 1-877-694-9474.
- When you connect, you can say “New customer”. Besides, you can also press the pound.
- After that, say “Home”. Another way is to press 1.
- Then, press 1, 2 or 3.
- Make sure to remain on the line.
- After waiting for a while, the automated phone system will transfer you to a live customer representative from Suddenlink.
- When you get to talk to the representative of Suddenlink, do not forget to request them to cancel your service.
Apart from above, you may want to follow the alternative method below, which is to follow Suddenlink voice main menu. If you want to try it, all the steps include:
- First and foremost, you need to press 1 for payment and billing
- The second step is to press 2 for a technical issue.
- Lastly, press 3 to cancel services.
Method 2: Delete Suddenlink account through website
The next method to delete Suddenlink is through the official website of Suddenlink. Below are all the steps to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Optimum. Apparently, the official website of Suddenlink at suddenlink.net has been retired as per August 1, 2022. Now, Suddenlink has become Optimum.
- When you are there, find the Sign in button at the top of the page and click it.
- Then, sign in with your username and account number. As Suddenlink is now Optimum, you may be wondering about the username and account number that you can use. For the username, most customers can continue to sign in with the same username, which is now known as Optimum ID. For the password, it is the same one as you used with Suddenlink. In case for some reason Optimum could not transition your username to Optimum, a new one was assigned and was sent to you through your email on August 1, 2022. What about the account number? As for the account number, it is the same as the one with Suddenlink.
- Once you have successfully signed in to your account, the next thing that you have to do is to click on the Account Information button.
- Afterward, click on Account Details and then Terminate Account.
- In the end, you will get a confirmation message.
After deleting or terminating your Suddenlink account, you may want to return your Suddenlink equipment. To be able to do that, follow the following steps:
- First and foremost, you should get your shipment ready. Just disconnect all the equipment in your possession, including power cords, remote controls, and so on. Please place it in the box that you have made available carefully. Do not forget to also pass the most recent copy of your Suddenlink bill. Not only that, you can also get a plain sheet and pen down your details, including your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and account number. Remember to place it inside the box and then seal it.
- Then, produce and print a label. You can go to link here and when you are there you can type in your information. By doing so, the confirmation page will show up. At the bottom of the page, you will be able to see a box inscribed “Great label” to print your pre-paid return label.
- In the next step, attach the label. It is a must for one return label to be attached per box. Make sure all old shipping labels are covered or removed out rightly.
- Lastly, proceed to drop off the box. Feel free to take it to FedEx Office, Walgreens or any approved FedEx location near your area.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…