Everyone is now able to play Minecraft with your friends on PS4 and PC. Everything is possible thanks to the cross play feature. This feature has finally come to PS4 while those with PC have been able to do it since before.
- More info: Power Gloves Lost Aether Content
With Minecraft cross play is now available on PS4, now there is a chance for you to play together like a big family. For those you want to cross play Minecraft on PS4 and PC, here are the instructions that you will have to follow:
- The first thing that should be done is to create a Xbox account. This one is free so there is no excuse for you to not create one.
- Then, link the Xbox account to the Minecraft account that you will be playing with. Remember that it should be done on the device that you are playing on. For the PS, you will need to open Minecraft on your console, choose the option saying “Sign in for free”. Please sign in with the Xbox account that you created before. Once you are signed in, you will be directed by Minecraft to this page: https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf. There is a code on the console that will be displayed. After you have found the code, please enter it on the page and then click Let’s Play. For those the users of Windows 10, you will firstly have to open Microsoft and click the Sign In option located at the bottom left. After that, sign it with your Xbox account and you are good to go.
- Do not forget to make sure that everyone that you want to play with has met the above requirements as well. Once you are sure about everything, it is time for you to add these players as friends on Xbox. In order to do so, first of all, visit the official website of Xbox and sign in with your Xbox account. Then, go to My Xbox > Friends. The search bar has to be used to look for your friends by their account and add them.
- The next thing that you will have to do is to ensure version homogeneity. Take note that the map that you want to play on should have been designed for the newest version that supports cross play. Remember that everyone who is going to play on the map also must be running the newest version of Minecraft and the version that they use must be the one that supports cross play. Ideally, all the players must be running the newest version of the game and no one is left behind.
- In this step, you should be ready for cross play. You will need to open Minecraft on your device. When you are on the Friends tab, you should be able to see your friends listed there. All that you have to do is to invite them to a map or you are the one that will be invited by them.
The steps to enable cross play for Minecraft
That’s the steps to enable cross play for Minecraft on PS4 and PC. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your friend that knows about this.
The term cross play means you are able to play with your friends or the other players who are on different platforms. Usually, the players are restricted to only play with the ones that use the same platforms as them. The thing has become different since the release of the cross play feature.
A proper support is needed to enable the cross play. Just because a certain game is available to be played on multiple platforms does not mean people from all platforms will be able to play with each other. It is possible for them to still be limited to playing with just the ones on the same platform as them.
It is the reason why the games that are well-known across multiple platforms are eager to add cross play support. Actually, the topic has been around for ages but it only has become popular recently, that’s why it just recently got attention from studios.
Minecraft is the name of the game that started to be released on the PC but has spread its wings to every gaming platform outside there. Apart from PC (Windows 10), it is also available on:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox (some people think Xbox One Edition is the exception while some think each version is supported)
- Nintendo Switch
Each platform that has listed above supports the cross play feature. However, for Windows 10, this feature is only available for the UWV or Minecraft Bedrock edition. It is not supported on the Minecraft Java edition. Here are the details:
Minecraft Bedrock Edition: Both your and your friends or the other players that you want to play the game with need the Minecraft Bedrock Edition, which is clearly different from Minecraft Java Edition. Once again, keep in mind that cross play is not supported for the Java Edition.
- Don’t miss: Cute Minecraft Girl Skin Template (Layout)
Actually, there is also the information that says the Minecraft Java Edition is still a separate version that is able to only connect with the other players from Java Edition across Windows, Linux, and MacOS. In case you want to play with your friends who are using consoles, you still need Minecraft Bedrock Edition, which is currently only available on Windows 10 through the Microsoft Store.
Cross play is one of the most favorite features offered by Minecraft. Everyone loves exploring the world of Minecraft together with their friends or the other players who are playing on different platforms. Aside from entertainment purposes, cross playing also makes everything easier.
You can use this feature as long as you have a Microsoft Account and sign to it. For those who are playing the Microsoft Dungeons, another thing that you need to do to cross play is to get the newest version of Microsoft Dungeons, which is the version number 18.104.22.168 that is available for free for all platforms.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…