Barnes & Noble is an American bookseller. Also, it is one of Fortune’s thousand companies. On this platform, other than books, you are able to get music, games, movies, toys, and many more. Thus, having a subscription to Barnes & Noble on the online shop enables you to achieve free shipping and discounts including additional benefits. If you have the subscription but now want to cancel your Barnes & Noble membership, then you are able to do so. Here we are going to guide on how to cancel Barnes & Noble membership.
Barnes & Noble Membership Cancellation Term
As a member of Barnes & Noble, you have the right to cancel your Barnes & Noble membership at any time. If you cancel your Barnes & Noble membership, you will only be entitled to a full refund of your new or renewal Membership fee within 30 days of the purchase date of the new or renewal Membership or the Automatic Renewal charge date of the Membership, if you did not use your Barnes & Noble membership to get an eligible discount or benefit during the new or renewal Membership term, or if your Barnes & Noble Membership was renewed during your current Membership term and the renewal Membership term has not yet started. Remember that no refunds will be available after such a 30-day period.
They may terminate your Barnes & Noble Membership, including any associated accounts, without notice, for any reason in their sole discretion, including without limitation their belief that continued use of such Membership would violate any provisions of this Agreement, applicable law, or otherwise be harmful to their interests. In the event of any such termination, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Barnes & Noble Membership fee.
They may terminate any or all the benefits available under the Barnes & Noble Membership Program at any time with or without notice. In the event of their termination of the Barnes & Noble Membership Program, at their election, they will maintain your Membership benefits until expiration of the Membership current term, or they will refund each Member a pro rata portion of the Membership fee for the remaining portion of the current Membership term.
Cancel Barnes & Noble Membership – Here’s Way
Apparently, there are some methods you can do to cancel Barnes & Noble membership.
Method 1: Cancel Barnes & Noble Membership over the Phone
You are able to cancel your Barnes & Noble membership calling Member Services at 1-866-238-7323.
Here is how you can cancel Barnes and Noble membership over the Phone:
- Firstly, you are able to dial the Barnes and Noble Customer Support phone number at 1-866-238-7323.
- Once you get a response from the agent, they will ask you to fill in the membership number. Please do so by correctly entering the membership ID by using the keypad.
- At last, when asked, tell them that you want to cancel your membership.
Method 2: Cancel Barnes and Noble Membership Online via the website
Here are steps to cancel Barnes and Noble membership online via the website:
- At the first step, you are able to go to the official Barnes and Noble website.
- In the next step, you have to navigate to the ‘Manage Your Membership’ section.
- After that, you are able to tap on the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Please click on the ‘Automatic Renewal Settings’ button and choose ‘Edit Settings.
- Now, you are able to hit on ‘No Thanks, I’ll Renew My Membership Online or In-Store.
- Last step, click the option on ‘Save Changes.
A mail-on confirmation will be sent to you after the account has been updated.
Method 3: Cancel Barnes and Noble Membership In-person
To cancel the membership and receive a full refund, make sure that you are first eligible for the refund.
Here are the eligibility criteria:
- Cancellation has to be made within the initial 30 days from starting the Barnes & Noble subscription.
- The Barnes & Noble membership must not be in use to get any benefit or a discount.
When the requirements are fulfilled, and you are eligible for the refund:
- You are able to visit the nearby Barnes and Noble Customer Service help desk.
- After that, provide the Barnes & Noble Membership Card to its store representative.
- Lastly, you are able to ask the assistance from the rep on canceling the Barnes & Noble membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions related to Barnes and Noble membership:
- Does Barnes & Noble automatically renew membership?
No, Barnes & Noble does not automatically renew memberships.
- How to manage my Barnes & Noble membership?
There are two methods to manage your Barnes & Noble membership. You are able to opt out of the program, or you are able to cancel your membership.
- How much does a Barnes & Noble membership take off?
Barnes & Noble is an amazing place to buy books. With a Barnes & Noble membership, you are going to get a 10% discount on all purchases. Also, you are able to get free shipping on every order.
- Is Barnes & Noble membership account free?
No, Barnes & Noble membership account is not free. It will cost $25 for an account.
- How long does the membership last?
Barnes & Noble membership will last as long as the membership is active. Need to know that there is no set time limit for how long a Barnes & Noble membership lasts.
- What do I get from Barnes & Noble membership?
The Barnes and Noble membership will give you access to the Nook ereader store that has over 1.5 million titles available. Also, you are going to get 10% off all purchases at Barnes and Noble stores.
- Where do I enter my Barnes & Noble membership number?
You are able to enter your Barnes & Noble membership number in the “B&N Membership Number” section of the checkout page.
- Can you share Barnes & Noble membership?
Yes, you can share your Barnes & Noble membership with one other person.
- Does Barnes & Noble automatically renew membership?
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…