As a teacher who uses Raz-Kids for your students, you have to assign books to your students to read. But, how do teachers assign books on Raz-Kids? Let’s find out the way to do that here together with the other information about Raz-Kids.
Assigning Books on Raz-Kids
As explained on a Youtube video entitled Assigning Books in RazKids – WegoTech by WeGoTechTeam, if you want to assign books on Raz-Kids, you have to put your cursor on the Resources menu and then choose the resources that you want to assign. Let’s say that you choose Social Studies. So, you have to click on Social Studies. Then, you are able to choose what title of book that you want to assign to your students. You have to put your cursor on the book and then there will be the options including Assign option and Add To option. If you want to assign that book, you can click on the Assign button.
Another way to assign a book to your students is that you can click on the title of the book and then you will be taken to the information of the book. You are able to assign the book to your students on that page by clicking on the Assign button. After you click on that button, then there will be a pop up window. There, you can choose activities that your students can do with the book such as listening to the book, reading the book and completing the quiz. Under Select Activities, you can also choose the students that you want to assign to read the book. You can choose all students or selected students.
On the Learning A-Z site, it is also explained that to assign digital resources on the Raz-Plus website, there are 3 ways.
- You can assign books to your students on the main resources pages. As explained earlier, if you choose this method to assign books to students, you have to hover over resource thumbnails to automatically assign that eBook or eResource. Then, the Assign button will appear in an orange box.
- You are also able to assign books on the individual resource pages. You can preview the digital resources available for a book and then you can assign the resources to students by clicking on the Assign button on the landing page of a book.
- You can also assign books to students by using search. If you use this method, you have to access the Assign feature by hovering over a resource’s thumbnail in a list of Search results.
Well, after you find the resource that you want to assign to your students, you are able to do the things below.
- You are able to click on the Assign Digital Resources button.
- You are able to determine if you want students to read, listen or take a quiz.
- You are able to choose the whole class, multiple students or just one student to complete the assignment.
If you want to watch some videos about assigning books to students on Raz Kids, you are able to access Youtube because there, you are able to find a number of videos about assigning books to students on Raz Kids. Here are two of the videos that you are able to watch.
- A video from WeGoTechTeam entitled Assigning Books in RazKids – WegoTech which was uploaded on November 18th, 2017. The length of the video is 3 minutes 3 seconds and it has been watched more than 5k times.
- A video from Melissa Nikohl entitled Raz-Kids Tutorial: How to Assign Leveled Books and Running Records on Raz-Kids which was uploaded on July 4th, 2019. The length of the video is 11 minutes 6 seconds and it has been watched more than 28k times.
About Assignment Feature
With the Assign button, teachers can save valuable time while strengthening the connection between instruction and practice. With the Assign button, teachers are allowed to assign resources to their whole class, small groups or individual students.
Teachers can click on the Assign button on a resource page and then choose the students or student groups in the roster that the teachers want to receive the assignment.
There is an assignment start date where it permits teachers to determine when an assignment appears in the student portal. On the Raz Kids site, it is also explained that future assignments are able to be seen at the Kids A-Z Student Management site in the Assignments area where they are allowed to be edited or removed.
For students, you are able to access your assignments in the My Assignments area on Kids A-Z.
Monitoring The Progress of The Students
According to the Learning A-Z, there are 2 ways to monitor the progress of the students through Raz-Plus Assignment feature and those ways are explained below.
- Under Manage Students, you have to click on the Assignment and look under the My Assignment column. If you want to see what eResources which have been assigned and completed, you have to click on the blue Has Assignment link beside the name of the student.
- Under Manage Students, you are also able to click on the name of the student and then you can click on their Raz-Plus assignment report. So, you are able to see the full list of eResources which are assigned and completed by the student.
Assessing The Level of A Student
As a teacher, you are able to save your time and assess the reading performance of your student with online running records. As explained on the Raz Kids site, every student sends recordings to your In Basket in a three-part assessment process that gives you a more complete picture of the reading abilities of your students and monitors their progress. As the teacher, you have to place students at the appropriate reading level to start. You also have to determine the readiness of students to advance to the next level after they complete assignments. You have to monitor the reading progress of your students over time.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…