Securus has a video visitation feature where you are able to visit your inmate remotely. If you want to use this feature, it is important for you to know how to use it and many more about it.
How Securus Video Connect Works?
With Securus Video Connect, it permits you to be able to visit your incarcerated ones remotely. You can do it by scheduling your video session in advance online according to the approved visitation hours. The Securus Video Connect system recognizes your inmate’s availability and you are allowed to schedule times when the inmate is available. After you schedule it, your inmate will be notified of the schedule visit in advance and then they will be able to check in at the time of the visit.
If you want to start using Securus Video Connect, the first thing that you have to do is to create a Securus Online account. You have to access link here and then choose Sign Up to create your account and add Securus Video Connect. You will have to submit information such as your address, name, and photo identification.
After you created and account and then it is validated, you have to request access to the facility where your inmate is incarcerated. Make sure that the facility where your inmate is incarcerated offers Securus Video Connect.
After the request is approved by the correctional facility, you are able to start scheduling your Securus Video Connect sessions.
Requirements for Using Securus Video Connect
To use Securus Video Connect, you have to verify that you system is up to date. You can verify it by visiting the terms and conditions in this link here.
To start visiting your inmate from your home, office or any location that you want, you have to make sure that you have high speed internet, a PC or laptop and web cam. First, you have to create a Securus Video Connect account.
If there is a problem with your Internet connection or hardware, it should be directed to your Internet service provider or a qualified computer repair technician.
Steps to Use Video Connect
Registering and Creating an Account
As explained on the Securus Technology, here are the steps to register and create an account.
- The first thing that you have to do is to sign in by clicking on the Create an Account.
- After that, you have to fill in the fields including email address, email confirmation, password, password confirmation and then click on the box saying I Have Read And Agree to the Terms and Conditions. When you create a password, make sure that it contains 8 characters, 1 number, 1 uppercase letter and 1 lowercase letter.
- And then, click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to choose security questions together with the answers and then click on the Next button.
- Here, you have to fill in the Contact Information where you have to fill in several fields including your First name, Last name, Email address, Country, Address, Address Line 2, City, State, Zip, Phone number, 4 digit passcode, confirm 4 digit passcode and enter verification code.
- And then, hit the Submit button.
Signing Up for Remote Access
- To sign up for remote access, the first thing that you have to do is to Sign In to Securus by entering your email address and also password. After that, you have to hit the Sign In button.
- After that, you will be taken to a page where you have to choose Sign In button in the Securus Video Connect section.
- Then, you will be taken to a page where you have to choose User Type and you have to click on the Friends or Family Members.
- After that, click on the Next button.
- Under the Can You See Your Image, you have to click on Yes.
- Then, you will be taken to a page where you have to upload your image. Click on Upload and then choose your image to upload.
- Then, you have to click on the Upload again and choose your Driver License.
- After you upload your image and driver license, you have to click on the Submit button.
- If there is a pop up message entitled Consent, you have to click on the Agree.
- Now, you will be directed to a page where you have to choose your state and then choose the Facility Name where your inmate is incarcerated.
- And then, click on the Submit button.
- You will be taken to a page where it says Thank You For Enrolling and you have to click on the Finish button.
Scheduling a Remote Communication Session
- The first thing that you have to do to schedule a remote communication session is to sign in by entering your email address and password and then hit the Sign In button.
- After that, you will be taken to a page where you can scroll and find Securus Video Connect and then click on Schedule Session.
- Now, you are in the Schedule A Session page. Here, under the Remote Session, you have to click on the Schedule Session.
- Now, you have to search for the inmate. You have to enter the first name of the inmate and also last name and then hit the Find Inmate button.
- You will be given the result and choose the suitable one and then click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to choose your relationship with the inmate, duration for the video session, and also date and time.
- Click on the I have read and agree to the Terms and Condition box and then hit the Next button.
- Now, you are taken to the Billing Address page. Check it and if it is correct, you can click on the Submit button.
- After that, you will be taken to the Confirmation page and then you have to click on the Finish button.
That’s all the steps that you have to take for having video session with your inmate. If you want to watch the steps for video session in the form of videos, you are able to access this link here. On this page, there are three videos that you can watch to start Video Video session.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…