For everyone who follows the Halo Series, you might have heard about Halo: The Master Chief Collection. What is Halo: The Master Chief Collection? To find the answer to the question, read the following.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is known as a compilation of the first person shooter video games in the series called Halo. This one was released on November 11, 2014 for the Xbox One for $39.99. There are a few things included in the complication, such as Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and all of the original multiplayer modes. After that, the Halo 3: ODST campaign and the entirety of Halo Reach was added as an add on DLC.
- Developer(s): 343 Industries, Saber Interactive, Certain Affinity, Blur Studio
- Publisher(s): Xbox Game Studios
- Series: Halo
- Engine: Saber3D Engine (Halo: CE Anniversary & Halo 2: Anniversary (Campaign)), Unreal Engine 4 (Menu UI & Player Customization)
- Platform(s): Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X/S
- Release: November 11, 2014 (Xbox One), December 3, 2019 (Microsoft Windows), November 17, 2020 (Xbox Series X/S)
- Genre(s): First person shooter
- Mode(s): Single player, multiplayer, cooperative, forge, theater, firefight
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has every Campaign level from the games that are included that can be played in the original engines. Each mission is apparently able to be unlocked even from the beginning of the game. There is one trivia that says the 15 Halo 2 Campaign missions were remastered for Halo 2: Anniversary. Apparently, every game runs at 1080p and 60 fps. However, there is an exception, which the Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign that runs at 1328×1080 instead of 1080p and 60 fps. Everything happens due to running two rendering engines at once.
Split screen is supported by Halo: The Master Chief Collection. This feature is available on console and online cooperative play. For the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 2: Anniversary, the maximum players that are allowed are two. As for Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach and Halo 4, they support up to two players locally and four players online.
On the Campaign system, Mission Playlists are shown. These playlists include the mixes of missions within the same Campaign or mixes of missions from more than Campaigns.
6 years ago, on May 30, 2015 for the exact, the Halo 3: OSDT Campaign was added as add on DLC for $4.99. Everyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection on or prior to December 19, 2014 got a code to download for free.
Here is the list of all the campaigns included in The Master Chief Collection:
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 3
- Halo 3: ODST (DLC)
- Halo 4
- Halo Reach (DLC)
There is every official multiplayer map in Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the included games that can be played in the original engines and it includes DLC and PC-exclusive maps. To celebrate the Halo 2: Anniversary, a total of six Halo 2 multiplayer maps were remade in a modified engine. Keep in mind that every game runs at 1080p and 60 fps.
One of the most interesting things about The Master Chief Collection is the fact that it supports online matchmaking with special servers. Not only that, there is also 1-50 skill ranking system. As informed by Wiki, a few matchmaking playlists will be dedicated to a certain game. As for the other ones, they will have voting options across multiple games.
In Halo Reach, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4, Forge and Theater modes are available. Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2: Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo Reach are the multiplayer engines that are included in The Master Chief Collection.
For those who want to navigate Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you can do it through the Master Menu, the name of a unified interface through whenever you want to access every mission, multiplayer mode, and customization option for every game.
Apparently, Halo: Nightfall and the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta are able to be accessed through Halo: The Master Chief Collection. For the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta, it is available for a limited time on the Xbox One. Apart from that, every exclusive content that is unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be brought to Halo 5: Guardians.
If you want to unlock additional credits in Halo: Spartan Strike, you are encouraged to complete a few requirements in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As for those who want to unlock an emblem with Spartan Strike theme, you will have to complete some specific requirements in Halo: Spartan Strike.
This paragraph will talk about the pre-order bonuses. Below is the list of the pre-order bonuses from participating retailers. It is worth noting that all Skull bonuses are timed exclusive.
- Amazon: Pinata Skull (Plasma grenades are dropped by enemies with every melee)
- Best Buy: Prima Games Multiplayer Map Guide and Grunt Funeral Skull (Grunts that explode after their deaths)
- GameStop: Bandana Skull (Unlimited ammo and grenades)
- Microsoft Store: $10 Xbox Live gift card code, My Other Car is a Warthog throwback license plate frame, Master Chief Window Decal, Boom Skull (2x explosion radius)
- ShopTo: Bonded Pair Skull (In co-op, when a player dies, the other gets a 100% damage boost for 60 s. It is exclusive until December 12, 2014)
- GAME: Limited edition (Prima Games Multiplayer Map Guide, Grunt Funeral Skull, Limited Edition Steel Case) and MJOLNIR edition (Prima Games Multiplayer Map Guide, Grunt Funeral Skull, Limited Edition Steel Case, 30 cm or 12 inch Master Chief statue)
The Master Chief Collection is successful. Its success is the success of the four games. They worth a total of 5,000 gamerscore. When the game is released, a game update added 50 multiplayer achievements worth 500 gamerscore to the list. On the second update that happened on January 8, 2015, it added 50 more worth the same value.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…