Chipotle Mexican Grill made an announcement about the Chipotle Burrito Builder simulation experience in April 2022. Basically, the company entered into the metaverse with a new limited time game on Roblox. With it, all the users were able to use their virtual burrito building skills to be able to collect coupons that could be used to get free Chipotle food in real life. According to the company, it was the first national restaurant brand to build an experience in the metaverse that made it possible for the customers to earn real life rewards or experiences.
The Roblox event called Chipotle Burrito Builder started on April 7, 2022. If you are wondering if this event is still going on, the sad news is that it ended on April 18, 2022. Even though it is no longer available, you can check out the following information if you want to know about it.
Talking about Chipotle Burrito Builder sponsored by Chipotle, the virtual reality experience challenged players to roll burritos via a ‘90s themed Chipotle simulation to gain Burrito Bucks. The first 100,000 players who managed to successfully roll a burrito earned a free entrée that could be used for online or mobile ordering only. Apart from that, the top five players on the leaderboard every day from April 7 to April 13 received free burritos for a year.
The CMO of Chipotle, Chris Brandt, said in a statement that they have tapped into play to earn, an emerging engagement model in the metaverse, to launch their newest experience on Roblox that celebrates the iconic Chipotle burrito. He added that they are blending the metaverse and real world elements of their brand to take the Chipotle fan experience to a whole new level.
Actually, it is the second foray into the Roblox metaverse platform. For those who are wondering about the first, it was the Chipotle Boorito Maze game. This one was launched on Halloween. It allowed the customers to collect virtual prizes. In the game known as the Chipotle Boorito Maze, the players would gain ‘90s themed virtual prizes aside from the real life entrée coupons, such as Chipotle Guacman, a foil fanny pack, cheese frosted tips, and a Chipotle pepper tie-dyed shirt.
To celebrate the new virtual reality game, Chipotle announced an LTO menu item inspired by the Chipotle Burrito Builder. This one was limited and was launched on the first day of the event. The limited menu includes white rice, black beans, chicken, fresh tomato salsa, red chili salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and guacamole. Starting from April 7, 2022, loyalty members had a chance to exchange their loyalty points for a Roblox gift card. At the time, only a limited number of gift cards was available. To get one, the players had to pay $5.
As mentioned before, the event known as Chipotle Burrito Builder started on April 7, 2022 and ended on April 18, in the same year. Even though it has already ended, you might be curious about how to play this event and get a free burrito. Everything will be explained below.
- The first thing that the players had to do to play the Roblox Chipotle Burrito Builder event and to get a free burrito was to enter the Roblox Chipotle Burrito Builder experience. To be able to do that, they had to go to https://www.roblox.com/games/7603178367/Chipotle-Burrito-Builder. On the page, they had to access it like they would do the other games. After opening the game, they would see that the game has a retro appearance, similar to the 1993 Chipotle restaurant. In the game, the players would be asked by a crew member to make burritos for the National Burrito Day.
- Then, they had to use the default Chipotle uniform. Aside from that, they could also unlock the other retro uniforms.
- The next thing that they had to do was to start making burritos. It was similar to Overcooked, where they would see the ingredients when an order was placed by a customer, and then they had to make a burrito according to their preference. As there was a timer, they had to ensure that they made the burrito on time or else the time would run out. If they failed to make the burrito in the specific time or if the burrito reached the end, the game would end and then the players would have to start it again from the very beginning.
- On the other hand, if they managed to successfully make burritos, they would earn Burrito Bucks, the ones that could be used to unlock a plethora of items. Not only that, the first 100,000 players who made burritos also got the chance to get a free entrée code. As for those who were included in the top five of the leaderboard each day, they got free burritos for a year.
- After making the burritos, all of them could be delivered to the customers to be able to get some more rewards.
The collaboration between Roblox and Chipotle was clearly one of the biggest collaborations in terms of the rewards since there were a lot of things to grab for the players out there. Besides, it was also known as the first national restaurant chain to connect virtual reality gaming with real life rewards, as claimed by Chipotle. While it might be true, other companies have been trying similar things. Apparently, the likes of McDonal’s, Burger King, Yum Brands, Inspire Brands, and Wingstop have all filed trademarks for NFT;s and a presence within the metaverse. Recently, Wendy made an announcement that they are collaborating with Meta’s Horizon Worlds to open its first virtual reality Wendyverse restaurant on April 2. In this virtual world, customers are able to interact with each other. In addition to that, they will also be able to do a few other things. The other activities include visiting a virtual Wendy’s restaurant and play games.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…