All of the classes in Final Fantasy XIV are balanced to the point so that they are mostly equal in terms of performance. But, there are significant differences between these classes in terms of the complexity of using their kits and the fun that you can get in playing them. Below is the job tier list of all the DPS classes with the 5.4 patch.
Samurai is one of the best DPS in Final Fantasy XIV. With its easy rotation, high damage output, and mobility as a melee class, making it very hard to defeat Samurai. While far from a team player, the efficiency of Samurai in dealing as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time has placed it the number one spot.
Reasons Samurai become one of the best DPS:
- Heaviest hitting class of all the DPS in Final Fantasy XIV.
- Rotation is very simple and easy to master.
- There are no spells, so it has a wide range of mobility.
- Smooth combat animations.
- Synergy from the team can further boost damage output.
- DPS Rating: 92/100.
Patch 5.4 is a good time for Monk to shine. Previously Monk known for its complicated set of actions and extremely low damage output, Monk has rocketed through the ranks with the newest major update for the class. The strategy to master Greased Lightning was moved from an action to a trait, making it easier to take advantage of its benefits. In addition, the damage potency of nearly all of Monk’s skills were boosted drastically, allowing Monk to compete with its fellow melee DPS.
Reasons Monk become one of the best DPS:
- Major reworking of actions has improved damage output significantly
- Now, the greased lightning is a trait.
- The rotation is smoother and faster.
- No longer clunky or full of unnecessary actions.
- On par with other melee DPS in Final Fantasy XIV.
- Feels like a whole new class
- DPS Rating: 90/100
Black Mage holds a reputation for being the most powerful of the casting classes, also as one of the heaviest hitting of the DPS classes. The one downside to Black Mage, like most magic classes, Black Mage has limited movement but with the addition of skills to boost movement. However, Black Mage becomes an excellent DPS choice.
Reasons Black Mage become one of the best DPS:
- Deals the most amount of damage out of the magical ranged DPS classes.
- Aetherial and Triplecast Manipulation improve mobility.
- Attacks are able to be boosted further by support classes.
- Fun and satisfying class to play overall.
- Rotation is straight-forward.
- Switching between Umbrel Ice and Astral fire is a good challenge.
- DPS Rating: 88/100.
With the 5.1 patch, Ninja got a significant rework back, making its rotation easier to set and boosting the class up into the rankings. Since then, there is little has changed with the Ninja class, and the 5.4 patch has improved the damage potency of only two of its skills. With a proficient player, Ninja will be able to be a formidable enemy, even rivaling the power of Samurai.
Why Ninja is one of the best DPS:
- Boosted skill rotation.
- Powerful damage output for a DPS class.
- Trick Attack improves enemy damage taken.
- Once supported by other melee classes can deal even more damage.
- Combo bonuses for executing actions from the rear of opponents.
- DPS Rating: 85/100
Summoner is considered a powerful DPS and an excellent team player. Although its rotation can be lengthy, but Summoner can deal a high amount of damage, e also being able to jump into a back-up support role with its healing and resurrecting skills. There is no changes were made to Summoner in patch 5.4, displaying the versatility of this beloved DPS class.
Reasons Summoner become one of the best DPS:
- High damage output with damage-over-time spells and regular spells.
- Bane allows Summoner to target multiple foes with DoT spells at once.
- Devotion boosts party-wide damage.
- Healing abilities allow Summoner to step in for support.
- Summons battle pet primals to fight by your side.
- DPS Rating: 83/100
Dragoon continues to be a true DPS class in Final Fantasy XIV. With its team-wide damage boosts, Dragoon has enough decent team synergy. Not too much has changed with Dragoon in the 5.4 patch, however some of its actions have had attack potency increased by 10 points. Now putting Dragoon on par with other melee DPS while also keeping its team synergy.
Reasons Dragoon become one of the best DPS:
- Battle Litany and Dragon Sight push damage output of the team.
- Positional attacks are able to give a higher damage output.
- Improved damage output with patch 5.4.
- One of the most entertaining and popular classes to play in FFXIV.
- Straight-forward rotation of skills
- DPS Rating: 81/100
Red Mage utilizes a range of elemental spells that boost their white or black mana gauges. It can be used to enchant melee actions into dealing more damage. Red Mage is used as a support based DPS as its damage output was low. Fortunately with the 5.4 patch, some of Red Mage’s spells were improved to deal more damage. Those changes have bumped Red Mage up onto the list, and while Red Mage still is not quite as powerful as other magic based classes, it’s fun mechanics make it worthwhile to pick back up again.
Reasons Red Mage become one of the best DPS:
- Mix of melee and magic actions.
- Give the most movement of the caster based classes.
- Rotation is more forgiving than other classes and slip ups or deaths will not affect performance as dramatically
- Duelcast and Swiftcast allow Red Mage to resurrect two fallen players one right after the other.
- Embolden is very good to boost team damage.
- DPS Rating: 79/100
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…