Are you looking for the easy way to convert Hindi text in a PDF file into a Word file? Please read the whole article if the answer to the question is yes, so that you can find out the easy way to convert Hindi text in a PDF file into a Word file.
There are tons of online websites and tools to choose from for those who want to convert an English PDF file to the plain text file or the Word file. The simple copy-paste method will not work if you want to convert the PDF file with Hindi text. Do you know why it is not possible? The main reason is because the text and the font encoding methods are different.
- More info: How to Turn Off Virtual Background Zoom
In order to convert the PDF file with Hindi text into Word file, the first thing that you need to do is to convert the Hindi PDF file to a jpeg or png image so that you are able to upload it to the web. To do this, there is the Windows snipping tool that you can use. You do not need this if you already have your document as an image file.
Then, open http://www.i2ocr.com/free-online-hindi-ocr. You will need to click the Select Image button if you want to upload the file. Please make the checkbox to verify the captcha and choose the Extract Text option. The process of extracting the text from the image will take some time. Once everything is done, feel free to download the converted text file in PDF, doc or text format. If you want to edit the file online, you can do it by opening it in Google Drive.
Some issues may occur if you have a huge PDF file with a lot of pages. In this case, all that you have to do is to capture the image of each page and upload them one by one. Even though it takes time, this one method is still better in saving your time instead of the one when you have to type your document manually. So, do you want to try converting the Hindi text in a PDF file into a Word file using this tool?
Before converting, please take note that the Hindi OCR research is not much sophisticated yet. It means the results may not be 100% accurate and may contain some errors. In this case, you are recommended to check the converted document for mistakes or missed words manually. Even the extracted one is not really accurate, it is still a much better approach to extract the text from the PDF and do corrections compared to typing the entire document manually.
i2OCR refers to a free online OCR or Optical Character Recognition. This one can extract the Hindi text from the images and scanned documents so that it can be formatted, edited, searched, translated, or indexed.
List of i2OCR features
It offers unlimited uploads, no registration or email needed, and it is 100% free. Here is the list of i2OCR features:
- 100% free
- More than 100 recognition languages
- Major images formats: This one supports major input image formats such as JPG, PNG, BMP, TIF, PBM, PGM, and PPM.
- Some output formats: The extracted text is able to be downloaded as one of the file formats: text, Microsoft Word, Simple Adobe PDF, Searchable Adobe PDF (PDF/A), and HTML.
- Multi-column document analysis: This one can analyze the layout of the document and is able to extract the text from some columns. As for the extracted text, it is not formatted.
- Flexible image upload: This one enables you to upload your input images from a URL or from the hard drive.
- Rich post-processing operations: With just a click, you can edit the extracted text online using Google Docs or translate it using Google or Bing translation service.
- Side by side view: The extracted text will show up the recognized text as well as input source image side by side to facilitate reviewing mis-recognized words.
- Respect user privacy: Your privacy is respected by i2OCR and they do not share your input or output the files with the third party.
Some other languages
Hindi is not the only language recognized by this tool. Apart from Hindi, some other languages include:
- Azerbaijani Cyrilic
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Greek Modern
- English Ancient
- Math Equation
- French Middle
- Greek Ancient
- Italian Ancient
- Georgian Ancient
- Korean Vertical
- Kurdish Kurmanji
- Spanish Ancient
- Serbian Latin
- Uzbek Cyrilic
As stated before, there are a lot of online websites and tools to choose from for those who want to convert an English PDF file to the plain text file or the Word file. Another most recommended one is called Acrobat DC from Adobe. If you want to try converting the files into Word documents using the Acrobat DC, first of all, you will have to open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat DC.
Then, click the Export PDF tool located in the right pane. The next thing that you have to do is to select Microsoft Word as your export format and then select Word Document. After that, click Export.
If the PDF has the scanned text, the Adobe Acrobat Word converter will run the text recognition automatically. The last step is to save your Word file. To do so, you can name your converted file, select either DOC or DOCX file format, and then click the save button.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…