Looking for the way to get Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV? Here is a simple step-by-step tutorial for you on how to get Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV easily.
How to download the Disney plus on Samsung Smart TV?
The easiest way to download the Disney plus on Samsung Smart TV is through the in-built app screen.
- Firstly, you have to sign up to Disney plus. You will be able to do this on the Disney plus website.
- Please ensure that your TV is connected to the internet. For the best results, you are able to connect your TV to your router with an Ethernet cable which has a fast internet connection.
- Now, you have to take your Samsung Smart TV remote and then tap on the Smart Hub button on it.
- At the home screen, you are able to choose the apps icon from the Smart TV Home Screen. Usually, you are able to do this by scrolling left.
- In the search box, you have to enter ‘Disney plus.’
- Afterwards, you are able to choose the Disney plus icon and ‘add to home’. This will be able to download and install the app.
- Finally, now you are able to open the app and log in.
Before you start streaming your favorite Disney movies on Disney Plus, you have to sign up for an account. You are able to start signing up for a free week trial. Also, get your favorite shows, movies, and sports for one low price by bundling Disney Plus, ESPN Plus and Hulu,.
Using the Samsung Smart Hub
Apparently, downloading and installing the app is a simple. However, there are some things to do before the installation to ensure that your Samsung Smart Hub is running like clockwork. To take advantage of Samsung Smart Hub, your TV requires to be connected to the internet properly. For a more stable connection, we suggest you to use an Ethernet cable even though your Samsung TV works on Wi-Fi well. Aside from that, you have to configure the Network Settings -> choose Menu, click Network, and then proceed to Network Settings.
Internet connection out of the way, now, you have to set up the hub. For this case, you are able to choose the “Set Up Smart Hub” button at the bottom left of the screen and then follow the wizard. Basically, this is a menu which offers you to customize the hub to your needs.
Sign up to Disney Plus
To sign up to Disney plus, you have two options. Please sign up before you download the app or do it when you open the app on your Samsung.
- Please go to your computer. Simply launch a browser.
- Then, you are able to access the Disney Plus official page.
- After that, you have to hit the “Keep Me Updated” button and fill out an online form with your information.
You are going to receive a confirmation email from Disney. Now, you are able to use the credentials to log into your account. The same credentials apply to all devices which feature the Disney Plus app.
- Please open the Disney Plus app from Samsung Smart Hub.
- After that, you are able to select “Start Free Trial” in the welcome window. For your information, the free trial period is only seven days. However, it is fair if you consider the relatively low price of the service.
- Anyway, you are going to be asked to give your credentials.
- Also, there is a confirmation email.
- Next, you are able to proceed and log into your account. During the initial log in, Disney Plus will prompt you to come up with a password for the service. Please ensure to remember it as there is no autofill option if you decide to log out.
For those who cannot download Disney Plus on Samsung Smart Hub, there is an option to cast the screen from your Samsung Smartphone to the TV. The feature is named Smart View or Screen Mirroring. It is available on Galaxy Note II and later models such as the Galaxy S8. While for the TVs, the F range which has had a few iterations since 2013 uses Wi-Fi for screencasting. We are able to say that both your TV and the Smartphone require to be connected to the same network.
Apparently, there are two methods to initiate the mirroring.
- At the first step, you have to hit the Source button.
- Please find Screen Mirroring source and select it.
- Then, the TV waits for your Smartphone to make the connection.
- Alternately, you are able to press the Menu button, select Network, hit Select, and then select Screen Mirroring.
- After you have the TV ready for mirroring, please grab your phone.
- Please swipe down to access the menu.
- After that, you are able to tap Screen Mirroring.
- Your Smart TV will appear under suggestions, tap it and you are ready to go.
For note: The screencasting method assumes you have already downloaded and installed the Disney Plus app on your Samsung Smartphone.
How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung TV by using Google Chromecast
If you cannot access the Disney plus on your TV, you are able to can use your Smartphone or tablet to cast it to your TV by using Google Chromecast. To do that, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to plug your Chromecast into your TV.
- Then, log into your Disney plus from your Smartphone or tablet.
- After that, tap on the Chromecast icon in the top-right corner.
- Now, you are able to choose your TV from the available devices.
- Please choose the video you want to cast.
- Lastly, push Play to cast the video.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…