Cannot access Discovery Plus? You are able to check Discovery Plus Outage map. Probably, the Discovery Plus service is down, but it could also be something damage on your side of things.
Discovery Plus Outage – How to tell if Discovery Plus is Down?
If you are not sure what’s going on, simply you are able to check some official sources first to see if the Discovery Plus service is not working for some reason.
- When things go wrong, the Twitterverse will know. For this case, you are able to check the official Discovery Plus Twitter page to see if the Discovery Plus service (or anyone else) has reported an outage. Also, you are able to try searching for phrases like ‘is Discovery plus down’ to see if others are asking the same question. When you check it, you should pay attention to the tweet timestamps to ensure that others are discussing a Discovery Plus outage on the same day you are.
- You are able to check a third-party status checker site, such as Down for Everyone or Just Me? or Is It Down Right Now? These websites make it their business to track online services and often share information before the service does.
- Also, Discovery Plus has an official Facebook page where it might post updates during significant outages. It is a long shot because this is usually a marketing page for the service. However, if you are still not sure, it’s worth looking.
What to Do When You Cannot Connect to Discovery Plus?
If you have already checked for a Discovery Plus service outage and you are not seeing anyone else with the same issue, maybe the issue is on your side of things. For this case, you are able to try these tips below to see if you can get things up and running again.
- You have to confirm that you are connected to the Internet correctly. If you are not connected correctly, you have to fix the problem and try accessing Discovery Plus after you are back online.
- You have to confirm that you are trying to access the official Discovery Plus website if you are using a computer, laptop or tablet. Occasionally, an evil twin attack will be able to cause trouble, especially when you are using public Wi-Fi.
- If you are on the right site, you have to close all of your browser windows. Please wait 30 seconds, open one window, and then try re-accessing the Discovery Plus website. Please do the same with the Discovery Plus app if you are on a Smartphone or tablet. Ensure that you are closing down the app. In addition, you should learn how to close Android apps and quit apps on iPhone.
- You have to clear the browser’s cache. To be safe, you also need to clear the browser’s cookies.
- You are able to restart your computer.
- If you are trying to watch on a TV or a streaming device, please turn it off and back on again. It is able to help reset things if your television has already experienced a glitch somewhere which impacted smart TV apps like Discovery Plus.
- If the TV trick does not help, you are able to restart or reset the device you are using. Occasionally, a quick reboot of the device solve app issues. Also, sometimes, there is another issue with the device that it can quickly fix by restarting the device.
- Sometimes, there might be a problem with the DNS server you are using. If you feel comfortable switching DNS servers, there are lots of free and public methods, however they need advanced knowledge, so do not try them unless you are confident in your computer expertise.
- You have to check your computer for malware. It is rare, but it can be that malware snuck in somewhere. A good antivirus checker will be able to help you discover and clear any malicious software. We get information that there are many free antivirus programs and paid antivirus options.
If none of these steps have worked, it is time for you to call your ISP for help. Even though your internet might be working, but it could be that you have already reached a network bandwidth limit, or something else might be going on.
About Discovery Plus
Discovery Plus is a new streaming service from Discovery, Inc., that focusing on factual, lifestyle and sports programming drawn from Discovery’s main channel brands as well as the exclusive original shows.
This includes content from the following channels:
- Discovery Channel
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery History
- Animal Planet
- Quest Red
- Food Network
- Magnolia Network
- Eurosport 1 & 2
Also, the subscribers are able to access livestreams and 30-day catch-up for certain channels, similarly to fellow streamer right now. As with most streaming services, you do not have to purchase each show or film you watch, instead, you have to pay a monthly subscription for access to all titles on the service’s library. Aside from that, Discovery Plus also has a free model, just registering allows access to certain live TV channels and their catch-up titles.
How much does Discovery Plus cost?
Unlike most streaming services, Discovery Plus has a free tier. The users are able to register for an account and obtain access to live TV and 30-day catch-up from Quest Red, HGTV, Quest, Really, Food Network and DMAX for free. But, purchasing the Entertainment Pass allows access to livestreams and catch-up from pay-TV channels including Discovery Channel and TLC, as well as complete on-demand box sets outside of the 30 day catch-up period and exclusive Discovery Plus originals. The Entertainment Pass costs £4.99 a month or £49.99 a year in the UK, with a 3-day free trial.
The Discovery Plus Entertainment and Sports Pass includes all mentioned above as well as access to live sport on Eurosport 1 & 2. For your information, the Entertainment and Sports Pass costs £6.99 per month or £59.99 a year. But, Sky and Vodafone customers are able to get Discovery Plus at no extra cost for a limited time. Sky customers are able to get discovery+ for 12 months for free with Sky Q, while Vodafone pay-monthly customers are able to enjoy Discovery Plus for six months at no extra cost.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…