CSULB Single Sign On or SSO is known as a thing that allows the access to more than one service offered by the campus by logging in once at a single URL. It means there is no need for the students and some other ones to log in to each service which is effective to reduce the time.
To be able to single sign on, first of all, the students will need to go to https://sso.csulb.edu. Then, enter the email address, phone number, or Skype before clicking Next. After that, they will be required to enter the password, which is their Campus ID.
Just like that they will be able to access a lot of services that are offered to the students in SSO. Actually, the students are not the only ones who can do Single Sign On. The other ones such as faculty and staff are also allowed. As for the services that can be accessed, it is based on the role and some other factors. Below is the list of some services that are included in the SSO:
- Accessibility Statement: This one makes it possible for all students, employees, general public, as well as those with disabilities to access the electronic and information technology.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: This one refers to a suite of a well-known Adobe apps that is available online through a service that is based on subscription.
- Beach Central: This one refers to a virtual waiting line, sign up and get texted when called to the window. It is made for all students.
- BeachBoard: This one refers to the learning management system owned by the campus for the course content delivery and collaboration.
- BeachMail (Outlook): This one refers to the email that is provided by CSULB for the students.
- Beach Scholarships: This one refers to the scholarship management system that houses mostly of the CSULB’s scholarship and grant opportunities.
- BeachSync: This one refers to an online campus community or club management system.
- Calculus Placement (ALEKS): This one is the guide for the students so that they can be ready to face the exam.
- CareerLink: This one refers to a portal to career services, jobs, and internships. It is made for all students with the exception of the CPIE students.
- ES Protected Forms: This one refers to the enrollment services forms for the students. Actually, it is invisible on the SSO dashboard. Please reach out the Office of Enrollment Services System Integration by sending an email to EnrollmentService.SystemsIntegration@csulb.edu.
- Free Software (Software Depot): This one supports the faculty, staff, and students of California State University Long Beach by giving the access to the software that is licensed by the university.
- Graduate Business Career Services: This one refers to a career management platform that is made for the graduate business students.
- Housing Portal: This one is for all students of California State University Long Beach who want to apply for on-campus housing and also to choose rooms and roommates.
- IT Help: This one is the support for campus services. Everyone who wants to ask something about the services offered by the campus can use this. It is owned by the Division of Information Technology. There are a total of three ways to contact it. The first one is by calling the phone number 562.985.4959. If you are not the kind of person who prefers talking directly to the representatives, you may want to send an email instead to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aside from these two, another way is to visit it by going to Technology Help Desk Brotman Hall 188.
- Lynda/LinkedIn Learning: This one used to be known as Lynda.com. It refers to a CSU system wide training platform that is based on computer. It is owned by the Academy Technology Services. The ones who can use it include all faculty, staff, auxiliaries, and students. For more information about it, please contact 562.985.4959 or send an email to email@example.com.
- National Student Clearinghouse (Verify):
- OneDrive – Student: This one is the direct link to OneDrive. It is part of Student Apps – Office 365. It is owned by Academic Technology Services and is made for anyone with an official @student.csulb.edu email address.
- Parking: This one refers to the online parking services for the campus. It is owned by the Parking and Transportation Services. The ones that can use it include all faculty, staff, auxiliaries, emeritus, volunteers and students.
- SSC – Advising & Tutoring: This one refers to the advising and tutoring scheduling system.
- Student Apps (Office 365): This one is known as the Office 365 productivity application that is made to be used by the students of the university.
- Student Center (MyCSULB): This one refers to the thing for managing enrollment and courses.
- Student Health Services: This one refers to the thing that provides the students access to their medical records, online appointments, and filling out forms for services.
- Student Virtual Lab: This one refers to a virtual desktop with the instructor requested software.
- University Library: This one refers too a series of web pages and web services that is made to serve the research needs of all the campus community. It is owned by University Library and is made for all faculty, staff, auxiliaries and students.
- Virtual Movie Screening: This one is hosted by ASI Beach Pride Events. Every movie is free and can be watched every time as there is a 48-hour streaming period. To be able to access the films, all that should be done is to sign in to the CSULB SSO account. For more information, please send an email to Taylor.Buhler-Scott@csulb.edu.
- Zoom: This one refers to a tool. This one can be used to hold a video conference, hold an online meeting, online courses, and webinars. It is owned by Academic Technology Services. The ones who can use it include all faculty, staff, auxiliaries, student employees, emeritus, volunteers, and students.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…