One of the fun ways that you can do in your spare time is taking the quiz about Alaska. Why should Alaska? However, Alaska can be mentioned as the interesting state of the United States which is a lot to talk about. In fact, Alaska holds a lot of natural wealth, both flora and fauna, which attracts tourists to visit there.
Enjoying a fun trip to Alaska is just a dream which not all people cannot reach. Exploring Alaska may be everyone’s desire. Instead of traveling to Alaska which may be very difficult, it’s better for you to take plenty of quizzes about Alaska that you can find on Bing.
Knowing more about Alaska is not useless as if someday you travel to, you already know where you should visit, considering Alaska has plenty of must-visited National Park and tourism places. We think that you will be more enthusiastic if you get the knowledge about Alaska by taking the quiz than reading encyclopedie books. That’s so fantastic, isn’t it?
Thankfully, this post will show you the samples of Alaska quizzes that probably will appear on Bing. Here are they:
1. The highest mountain in Alaska is…
a. Mt. Logan
b. Mt. Denali
c. Mt. Everest
d. Mt. Wrangell
The answer is b. Mt. Denali
2. The capital city of Alaska is…
The answer is d. Juneau
3. How long is the Trans-Alaska pipeline?
a. 200 miles
b. 500 miles
c. 1000 miles
d. 800 miles
The answer is d. 800 miles
4. When you travel to Alaska, How many National Parks that you can find?
The answer is b. 8
5. Which country did buy Alaska?
a. United Kingdom
The answer is c. Russia
6. How many rivers does Alaska have?
a. Over 3,000
b. About 2,700
c. Between 1,500 – 1,800
d. Over 500 but under 1000
The answer is a. Over 3,000
7. What was the name of the capital city of Alaska before purchased?
The answer is b. Sitka
8. What does Cheechako term mean?
a. Alaskan native
b. Newcomer to Alaska
c. Boat used by Eskimos
d. Someone who summers in Alaska
The answer is b. Newcomer to Alaska
9. In Alaska, what is the largest National Park that you’ll find?
d. Wrangell – St. Elias
The answer is d. Wrangell – St. Elias
10. What will you be served when you order muktuk?
a. Fried Salmon
b. Seal meat
c. Raw whale blubber
d. Grilled ptarmigan
The answer is c. Raw whale blubber
11. What is the route of the Alaska Highway?
a. Vancouver, Canada- Nome, Alaska
b. Seward- Barrow
c. Anchorage- Fairbanks
d. Dawson Creek, Can.- Delta Junction, Alaska
The answer is d. Dawson Creek, Can.- Delta Junction, Alaska
12. In the northernmost part of Alaska, What city can be found?
The answer is a. Barrow
13. What is the coldest temperature ever in Alaska?
a. -50 oF
b. -80 oF
c. -60 oF
d. -70 oF
The answer is b. -80 oF
14. What percentage of Alaskans live in Anchorage?
The answer is c. 40%.
15. Where can you find bears in Alaska?
a. Katmai National Park and Preserve
b. alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
c. Anchorage Museum of History and Art
d. Kenai Fjords National Park
The answer is a. Katmai National Park and Preserve
16. What is Alaskan Libby Riddles noted for?
a. First woman to champion the Iditarod
b. Olympic skier
c. First woman congressman from Alaska
d. Mayor of Anchorage
The answer is a. First woman to champion the Iditarod
17. What is the world’s largest group in fall and winter in Alaska?
a. Bald eagles
b. Whale watchers
c. Migrating salmon
d. Pharmaceutical salesmen
The answer is a. Bald eagles
18. What is the nation’s largest producer in Alaska?
The answer is a. Zinc
19. What magnitude was the earthquake which occurred in Alaska in 1964?
The answer is d. 9.2
20. Winter in Alaska is the best time to see the Aurora Borealis, true or false?
The answer is a. True
Well, those are 20 questions for samples of Alaska quizzes that you may find on Bing.
Some Amazing Facts of Alaska
Historically, Alaska was a purchased-country by the United States from Russia. We think that there are numerous things about Alaska which will be interesting to talk about. However, anyone who really loves traveling will look for some facts for a place they will visit, Alaska is not exception.
Here are some amazing facts about Alaska that you should know:
- Famous with Ice Plains
Numerous tourists who want to vacation or travel to Alaska as they hopefully want to experience the vast ice plains there. It turns out that there are many glaciers that you can find in Alaska. Well, it’s such a natural phenomenon that can only be found in Alaska.
- An Earthquake occurred in 1964 in Alaska
Alaska experienced a fairly large earthquake in 1964. This earthquake is one of the biggest disasters ever to occur in America even the tremors from the earthquake could be felt as far away as South Africa.
- Adak National Forest
Adak National Forest in Alaska is the smallest forest that you can find in North America. The number of trees here seems to be counted where there are only 33 trees in this forest.
- Has more than 100 volcanic mountains
Alaska has more than 100 active volcanic mountains. That’s why Alaska is categorized as the choice of a fairly extreme state for residence.
- Highest Mountains found in Alaska
The mountains’ view in Alaska is also one thing that you shouldn’t miss. Believe it or not, there are several choices of the highest mountains in America.
Well, those are some amazing facts about Alaska that you may want to know.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…