The Kraken is extremely weak to Magic, even though it utilizes Magic as its attack style. Kraken is very resistant to Ranged and also immune to Melee as it cannot be reached by Melee attacks. Well, on this page, we are going to talk about the best gear to defeat Kraken, and other information related to fighting Kraken in OSRS.
Overview – The Kraken
The Kraken is a Slayer boss. Thus, it can only be killed while on a Slayer task to kill (cave) kraken. Kraken is located in Kraken Cove. It is highly recommended to use the Magic attack style to fight the Kraken, because it is highly resistant to Ranged and also immune to Melee. The fact that the Kraken cannot be reached by Melee attacks. Because there are no mechanics which are complex when facing this slayer boss, so the Kraken is a famous boss in OSRS. Aside from that, it may be hard to discover an empty world. For alternative, the players are able to make an instance for 25,000 coins, that lasts until the player leaves or logs out.
Best Gear for Defeating Kraken
Because the Kraken attacks with Magic, it is best to use gear which will maximize magic defence as much as possible. The Kraken and its tentacles just attack with magic. Although the Kraken does not have high magic accuracy, it is able to hit hard if it manages to hit. Its tentacles have opposite characteristics. They have really high magic accuracy. However, they only deal a max hit of 2. By boosting your magic defence, you are going to reduce the chances of the Kraken and its tentacles from hitting you. Usually, a Toxic blowpipe is used to startle the tentacles in the four surrounding pools. If you cannot use or buy a toxic blowpipe, you are able to use a magic short bow with bronze or iron.
- Slayer Helmet – Black Mask
- Occult Necklace – Amulet of Fury
- Imbued god cape – Fire cape
- Armadyl chestplate – Karil’s leathertop
- Armadyl chainskirt – Karil’s leatherskirt
- Sanguinesti staff – Trident of the swamp
- Spectral spirit shield – Twisted buckler
- God blessing – Bronze arrows
- Tormented bracelet – Barrows gloves
- Eternal boots – Infinity boots
- Ring of suffering – Seers ring
- If you cast the fire spells with a charged tome of fire equipped, it will boost the spell’s damage by 50 percent.
- The occult necklace, tormented bracelet, imbued god capes and ancestral robes will boost the maximum hit of the player’s Magic spells.
- Use the device of Ava if using the hunters’ crossbow with kebbit bolts.
- A magic short bow with iron arrows will save one inventory space because you do not need Ava’s device.
- Rune pouch can be used to hold rune drops.
- The Imbued heart is going to improve your damage and reduce the damage you take considerably.
- 1 or 2 Prayer potions/Super restores for using the Preserve prayer to keep imbued heart stats up.
- Use Dramen staff for fairy ring akq, if the elite Lumbridge diary is not completed.
- Use the four of explorer rings for high alchemy if not bringing runes.
- The Eldritch nightmare staff’s special attack is going to restore your prayer, offering you to keep Augury and Preserve on for the imbued heart boost to maintain high magic defence.
- The Volatile nightmare staff is a best special attack choice if you are looking to farm Kraken as quickly as possible.
- The Toxic blowpipe offers a cheaper choice for those who do not want to spend money on the Eldritch/Volatile nightmare staff. One only can use its special attack on the Enormous Tentacles, because Kraken is highly resistant to ranged damage. Although having a +270 ranged defence bonus, you are going to hit often because of their level one base defence level. This is very useful when wearing Karils or Armadyl armour.
Tips for Defeating Kraken
- Usually, the Kraken drops a big amount of food (5 edible seaweed, or 5 sharks instead). As a player, you have to practice “juggling” them (dropping them and picking them up before they disappear) to extend the trip. It’s a shame to let all the free health disappear.
- You have to remember that the items disappear two minutes upon being dropped. Other players are able to see it after one minute, even though this is not a problem if instancing, because dropped items disappear in 30 minutes within the Kraken Cove instance.
- You have to try to keep health at 35 or above to avoid getting comboed out.
- Usually, the majority of your damage will be coming from the big Tentacles. Although they have a max hit of 2, their attacks are rather accurate. Even with high magic defence. On the other hand, the Kraken itself has a higher max hit of 28, however is very inaccurate.
- Shield from Magic has no effect on Kraken and its tentacles. Thus, pray flick Augury or Mystic Might instead to boost your accuracy and magical defence.
- 75+ Magic
- 87+ Slayer
- 75+ Defence
- 80+ Hitpoints
- 75+ Prayer
- A toxic blowpipe or Magic short bow with any arrows.
- 1 Magic potion or Imbued heart.
- 3 up to 4 Prayer potions.
- Blank Rune pouch to take runes dropped by Kraken, or runes for the Blood spells for extending the trips or High Level Alchemy.
- A house tab or Ectophial to escape.
- High-healing food such as pineapple pizzas or sharks to fill the remaining inventory spaces.
If on slayer assignment: A slayer staff, slayer helm, and malediction ward or book of darkness is an extremely viable, and more affordable method for killing the Kraken in OSRS. Also, use staff on tentacles unless you want to heal, then you are able to bust out blowpipe.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…