This guide will explain about the Performance Mode added in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. If you want to find out that information, make sure you do not go anywhere and keep staying on this page.
Overview – Performance and Quality modes
In today’s update, the biggest new addition is the ability to select between Performance and Quality in two separate modes. Those available on PS5, and Xbox Series X/S.
Since launch, Valhalla just offered a single option for the players on those platforms that was fine on PS5 and Xbox Series X, as they ran at fairly stable 60fps, however not so good on Series S, that was locked to 30fps.
- More info: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Steam Release Date
With the new modes, the users of Series S will be able to pick which area to prioritize. In Performance mode, the game is going to try to hit 60fps frequently by starting at a lower base graphic settings, and also upping or lowering the resolution to maintain the target.
On the other hand, Quality mode should offer an upgrade over what is available right now, especially in terms of visuals. Instead, the mode will target 30fps.
Talking of technical upgrades, you must no longer see screen tearing on Xbox Series X/S. The framerate should be more stable today. On PC, the patch solved a memory leak problem which happens when alt-tabbing.
Getting into gameplay, apparently Ubisoft has made it so the players do not struggle with fabrics anymore. The fabric limit has been increased to 82.
Anyone whose settlement has reached level 6 will be able to buy fabric from traders now. Also, 1.0.4 includes several good quality of life additions such as the option to assign all nodes on the path automatically when unlocking a central skill.
Now, the rune menu splits the available rules by categories. Aside from that, you are going to note that the offering altar requirements are obviously laid out on the world map.
- Added an option to the game which lets the players to select between Performance mode or quality mode. Available for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
- Selecting Performance mode lets the game adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.
- Selecting Quality mode allows the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.
- Updated the gear quality and the gear to their correct values.
- Added Assassination damage stats on character stats page.
- Deleted duplicate gear from Inventory.
- Now, heavy and light strike stats will adjust correctly based on acquired skill nodes.
- Heavy strike modifiers will no longer be applied to range attacks.
- Added a new pretty background image to the title screen.
- Added some VFX to enhance visuals.
- Added an option which will assign all nodes automatically on the path once acquiring a central skill.
- Added the rune categories to the rune menu. Now, all runes are categorized in Weapon and Armor runes.
- Added a warning once switching from a language which supports TTS to one that does not.
- Now, Sliders are able to be moved with right or left arrows on M&K and controllers.
- Increased the fabric limit to 82.
- Added fabric to the traders after the settlement has reached Level 6.
- Added offering altar requirements to a world map.
Performance and stability
- It improved stability and performance.
- It improved experience on Xbox Series S/X consoles including screen tearing.
- It addressed a VRAM/RAM leakage problem once when alt-tabbing to desktop.
- Corrected several instances where Load Game will not display save games properly..
- Renamed Cloud saves to create them more distinguishable from regular saves.
- Deleted Cloud saves from Save menu. This is going to make sure that it cannot be overwritten accidentally.
- It added a notification when a cloud save retrieval has failed.
Graphics, audio, animation
- Addressed some graphical problems across the board.
- Addressed some FX problems.
- Addressed some examples of clipping problems.
- Addressed some visual problems with Eivor’s cloak.
- Addressed some instances of player or NPC animation problems.
- Addressed some audio problems.
- Addressed some lighting problems.
- Now, Shadow resolution on High will use correct values.
- Addressed many texture or object placement problems.
- Addressed several examples where the player can become stuck in specific locations.
- Now, Fish in Norway will spawn in bad weather.
- The Crows will no longer randomly fall from the sky in Asgard.
Abilities and Skills
- Addressed an issue where the players could not utilize any abilities anymore once the Dive of the Valkyries ability was interrupted.
- Ally NPCs or horses will no longer trigger body traps.
- Addressed a display problem where the poisonous powder trap could become invisible after using Synin.
- The players will not be able to assassinate a target who was tackled to the ground.
- The Secondary hand slot will no longer be available once a two-handed weapon is equipped.
- Now, flaming powder traps are going to explode once walking over the arrow.
- Don’t miss: Is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Co-op?
- Now, Force Open will be displayed properly. Even if nearby allies are in combat.
- Addressed a problem where allies would not help Eivor to open a door during Raids.
- Now, Allies will return to the longship once a raid is complete.
- Added a timer until the players are able to restart a raid that was completed.
- Now, the Effect values are able to be adjusted with arrow keys or WASD.
- Now, the no-filter option will work properly.
- The Territory panel is no longer shown in Photo Mode.
- Changing filters will now work as intended.
- Addressed a problem where an Online Service Error could occur temporarily once looking at photos on the world map.
- Now, Snow FX will center the camera instead of the player in Photo Mode.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…