Do you want to eat Gratin? If the answer to the question is yes, you will have to know the ingredients to make one. Check out the following to be able to satisfy everyone on your island on Turkey Day.
There are several ingredients that should be collected in order to cook Gratin in Animal Crossing New Horizons or ACNH. Aside from the regular ones, there is a secret ingredient that makes cooking Gratin more interesting. What is the secret ingredient of Gratin? Do you know what it is?
For those who have no idea, the secret ingredient to make Gratin is called Dungeness Crab. This one is needed to further improve the taste of Gratin. If you are not familiar with this ingredient, keep reading the post.
In the game called Animal Crossing New Horizons or ACNH, the Dungeness Crab refers to a benthic creature. It appeared in the series for the first time in Animal Crossing New Horizons or ACNH.
- Scientific name: Metacarcinus magister
- Family: Cancridae
- Appearance: Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH)
- Location: Bottom of the ocean
- Price: 1900 Bells
- Size: Unknown
- Shadow size: Medium
- Time of year: November, December, January, February, March, April, May (North Hemisphere) and May, June, July, August, September, October, November (South Hemisphere)
- Time of day: All day
As a sea creature that can be found at the bottom of the ocean, diving is the only way to catch the Dungeness Crab. To be able to catch one, you can follow these steps below. Before anything, it is important for you to be in the correct months to make the process successful. For your information, this creature is able to be found in the Northern Hemisphere from November to May. As for the Southern Hemisphere, it will be able to be found from May to November. If you are sure that the month is correct, it is time for you to follow these following steps to catch one:
- The first thing that you need to do is to get a wetsuit. If you do not have one, you are suggested to purchase one by going to the Nook Stop that is located in the Resident Services. You can purchase it by using your Nook Miles. Aside from that store, it is also available to purchase in the cabinet in the store named Nook’s Cranny.
- After getting a wetsuit in your hand, the next thing that you have to do is to walk up to the edge of the ocean to start swimming into it.
- Do not forget to look for bubbles appearing on the surface of the water when swimming around as it is the indication of the location of the sea creature, not necessarily a Dungeness Crab. It is actually a bit of a trial and error situation.
- When the bubbles start to appear, it is time for you to swim up to the location and then press Y to dive down.
- Once you are under the water, remember to use your directional stick and then press A to swim towards the bubbles.
- By following the step, you should be able to see a shadow and it is possible for it to move. If the shadow that moves slowly is large, the chance of it being the creature that you want is high.
- Upon seeing the shadow, all that should be done is to catch up to it before you run out of the air and you will be able to automatically capture it.
- When you are back to the surface, check what creature that you just captured and see if it is true that it is a Dungeness Crab.
Now that you know about the secret ingredient to make Gratin in Animal Crossing New Horizons for Turkey Day Event, you will also need to know the other ingredients to make this recipe. What are the other ingredients to make a Gratin?
Apart from the Dungeness Crab, the other ingredients to make a Gratin include:
- Mussel : This one is able to be found by diving in the ocean using a wetsuit and a small size shadow will show up.
- Flat Mushroom : This one is able to be found on the ground, close to the base of the trees.
- Round Mushroom : This one is able to be found on the ground, close to the base of the trees.
- Skinny Mushroom : This one is able to be found on the ground, close to the base of the trees.
- Oyster : This one is able to be found by diving in the ocean using a wetsuit and a medium size shadow will show up.
- Squid : This one is able to be found by diving in the ocean using a wetsuit and a medium size shadow will show up.
- Sea Urchin : This one is able to be found by diving in the ocean using a wetsuit and a medium size shadow will show up.
Actually, not everything mentioned above should be gathered to make a Gratin in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The list depends on your hemisphere. The reason why the ingredients are different is because of the different season currently available between the hemispheres with mushrooms out of season in the southern one. If you are from the North Hemisphere, you should prepare either a Mussel, a Potato, or a Carrot and either a Flat Mushroom, Round Mushroom, Skinny Mushroom, or Oyster. As for those who are in the South Hemisphere, the needed ingredients include Mussel, either a Flat Mushroom, Round Mushroom, Skinny Mushroom, Squid, or Sea Urchin. Keep in mind that the secret ingredient called Dungeness Crab is a must for all areas.
After collecting all the main ingredients and the secret ingredient to make a Gratin, it is time for you to give all of them to Franklin, who is able to be found at the plaza. Please do it from 9 AM to 12 midnight on the event known as Turkey Day. In the end, he will create the dish and serve it on the table.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…