Bug Off is an event in the Animal Crossing which is held during the Summer. This event can be found in the Animal Crossing Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf and New Horizons. If you are able to complete the challenges, there are a number of rewards and prizes that are precious to get.
Bug Off Rewards and Prizes in the Animal Crossing New Horizons
What are the Bug Off rewards and prizes in the Animal Crossing New Horizons? The points that you get can be exchanged for 13 different Bug-Off exclusive insect themed items and also variations for the Spider Doorplate. You are able to check those 13 rewards below.
- Artisanal Bug Cage
The sell price of this item is 450 Bells.
- Bug Aloha Shirt
The sell price of this item is 240 Bells.
- Bug Cage
The sell price of this item is 122 Bells.
- Bug Wand
The sell price of this item is 1500 Bells.
- Butterflies Wall
The sell price of this item is 840 Bells.
- Butterfly Backpack
The sell price of this item is 210 Bells.
- Ladybug Rug
The sell price of this item is 375 Bells.
- Ladybug Umbrella
The sell price of this item is 80 Bells.
- Spider Doorplate
The sell price of this item is 90 Bells.
- Spider Web
The sell price of this item is 25 Bells.
- Termite Mound
The sell price of this item is 550 Bells.
- Toy Centipede
The sell price of this item is 50 Bells.
- Toy Cockroach
The sell price of this item is 70 Bells.
For the Spider Doorplate, there are eight different variations which include black, green, yellow, pink, red, purple, gray and blue. From Flick, you will get a random Spider Doorplate version. However, the item is able to be customized to your choosing at a workbench later.
Besides being able to get the rewards above which can be obtained by trading in your points, you are also able to get three bonus Bug-Off Trophy items which are available for reaching milestones of total points. If you are successfully able to get one of the trophies, it will be sent to you the next day. Here are the trophies.
- Gold Bug Trophy
- Silver Bug Trophy
- Bronze Bug Trophy
It is important for you to know that if you spend your points in exchange for prizes, it will not affect your total points for getting a trophy. If you are able to reach a milestone after you have completed a challenge, you will be told about it by Flick.
Do you want to know the total points that you have now and how close you are to the next milestone? If so, you are able to add up all of your prizes so far and then multiply by 10 to estimate because each prize costs 10 points.
Some Tips to Get More Points and Win The Bug Off
If you want to win the Bug Off, of course, you need a strategy. If you do not have a strategy, it will be hard for you to get more than 7 or more points. So, here are some tips that you can do for getting more points according to Animal Crossing World.
- You have to use a variety of spaces near Resident Services. If you want to maximize the amount of bug spawns to find, you have to keep a variety of different areas near Resident Services. You will have to be in an area or two areas which has a lot of flowers for Stink Bugs and Mantis to spawn, an open area for Butterflies, Dragonflies and Grasshoppers and a Trees area for finding beetles. However, it is important for you to note that usually they cannot appear in an area which is in view on your screen. So, you have to make sure that there is enough space between these sections. By having enough space, bugs can spawn while you are in another area. Do you place these different environments around Resident Services? If so, you are able to walk in a loop finding a lot of insects to catch.
- You have to play multiplayer with friends for getting bonus points. You can play the Bug-Off with friends online or in local wireless. If you decide to play a challenge with friends, you will be able to get an additional bonus up to 10 points which is given for the bug that you caught together as a group. Also, the regular points that you earn in single player for your own bugs caught can be added too. However, in a certain point, playing multiplayer can be less effective, particularly when you take into consideration the amount of time that it takes for each person to be able to gather their points and sell their bugs to Flick.
- You have to move quickly across your island. You may know that there is no Fish Bait that you are able to use like in the Fishing Journey. So, you are able to move around quickly so that there will be new bugs spawn and appear. Note that there is no point in staying in a small area. You just have to stay on the move throughout the whole challenge.
- You have to make sure that you focus on quantity and don’t focus on quality. At the time you are playing the Bug-Off event, you have to reverse your usual bug catching mindset in Animal Crossing New Horizons. In these Bug-Off challenges, every type of bug is valued at the same value of 1 Point each. So, you have to make sure that you do not waste your time on those Dragonflies which bolt around the map for a full minute. Instead, you have to catch those common Butterflies.
- You have to focus on the easiest Bugs to catch. Butterflies have a tendency to be very low effort and are not affected by your running speed. However, the other bugs like Dragonflies, Pond Skaters and Grasshoppers have the ability to move around and if you focus on them, it means that you waste a lot of time. Sometimes, the time that you spend is a whole minute just for trying to catch one, but in the end, you cannot get it. So, it is recommended for you to stick to the bugs that are easier to catch.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…