Secures offers several prepaid calling account managements for you. One of them is called Securus Debit. In the past, this one was called Inmate Debit. What is Securus Debit? If it is the first time of you hearing the name and you have no idea what it is, here is everything that you need to know about Securus Debit for inmate.
Secures Debit refers to the calling account that is owned and used by an incarcerated individual to pay their own telephone calls. This one is a prepaid calling account. There is a possibility of an incarcerated individual to transfer funds from their facility trust or commissary account into an Securus Debit account, as long as they are allowed by the facility. They can do it by making a request through their commissary. Not only that, it is also possible for the friends and family members to deposit funds directly into an Securus Debit account of an incarcerated individual.
An account called Securus Debit has a long of advantages. Some of these advantages include:
- The ability to fund a Securus Debit account without having to create your own calling account.
- Each incarcerated individual is able to call anyone who is included in their approved calling list without having that person to create separate prepaid accounts.
- The ability to connect calls to cell phones (this one depends on the restrictions of the facility).
- The funding amount is up to $50.00 per transaction.
- The feature is able to be accessed 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Feel free to fund the Debit account of an incarcerated individual whenever you want on the official website of Securus or by calling them though phone.
- All the funds placed in the Securus Debit account will belong to the incarcerated individual, meaning the friends and family members will not be able to get refunds on this account. Unfortunately, this product is currently only available at some certain facilities.
There are a total of two days to add funds to a secures Debit account online owned by an incarcerated individuals. The first one is for those who have a Securus online account. Here is everything to follow to be able to do so:
- If you have a Securus online account, the first thing that you have to do is to go to https://securustech.online/#/login to be taken to the Sign In page.
- When you are on the page, log in by entering the email address and password.
- After logging in, click on Views Accounts to add funds to a Securus Debit account of an incarcerated individual.
- Then, choose the incarcerated individual that you want.
- Do not forget to click Add Funds after that.
- The next thing that you have to do is to enter the information such as the first name, the last name, the billing address, the email address, the phone number, the city, the state, and the zip code.
- After providing the information mentioned before, it is time for you to choose payment type.
- Then, enter credit card number, expiration date and CVV#.
- The ninth step is to enter deposit account.
- Once you are done with everything, lastly click Submit.
If you are a customer without a Securus online account, please follow this following guide instead:
- First of all, go to https://securustech.net/phone-products/.
- When you are there, choose Find Incarcerated Individual Under Securus Debit.
- Feel free to search the incarcerated individual by name or ID.
- If you want to search the incarcerated individual by name, you will have to enter the first name and the last name of an incarcerated individual. Then, choose the state where the incarcerated individual is located. After that, choose the facility where the incarcerated individual is located.
- For those who want to search the incarcerated individual by ID, you will need to enter the ID of the incarcerated individual and the state where the incarcerated individual is located.
- After finding the incarcerated individual, it is time for you to choose Fund Inmate.
- Then, enter the information such as the first name, the last name, the billing address, the city, the state, the zip code, the email address, and the phone number.
- The eighth step is to choose the payment type, expiration date and CVV#.
- Do not forget to also enter the credit card number and the deposit amount.
- When everything is done, click Submit.
Everyone at Securus is aware of the importance of variety and convenience when it comes to funding incarcerated individual telephone calls. There are a few payment product options offered by the company. Each of them makes it easy for everyone to select the best one that is needed by them to keep communicating with the loved one behind the bar.
Aside from Securus Debit, there is also another prepaid calling account management for you. This one is known as Advance Connect. With it, you will be able to get calls to the phone numbers you choose from your contact. Do not forget to fund this account to be able to do it. The benefits of this account include:
- Enrolling and adding funds to Advance Connect account to always be able to make a call.
- Choosing a call subscription package where available.
- Seeing available funds.
- Adding or changing phone numbers that receive calls.
- Viewing the details of the call and viewing the transaction summary.
- Viewing the last call attempt to a number.
- Blocking or unblocking calls.
- Enrolling in AutoPay or TextPay.
- Updating or changing credit or debit card information.
In addition to Securus Debit and Advance Connect, Securus offers another phone product, which is Direct Bill. This one makes it possible for you to receive calls from the incarcerated individuals. To use this service, you will be charged and it will be directed to you every month. Compared to the others, it is the best one for attorneys, bail bondsmen, and friends and family members of the incarcerated individuals who stay long behind the bar.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…