One of the most common issues with laptops is the battery. The battery of the laptop is risky to get an issue. Some of the most common ones include the charger adapter is damaged, the condition of the battery that has dropped, and so on.
If you think that the battery of your laptop is damaged, you might want to replace it as soon as possible. Actually, it might not be the last option. Instead of replacing it, it is better for you to check the condition of the battery first. Try to find out whether the battery is still functioning properly or not.
There are several ways recommended by Telset.id to check the battery condition of your laptop. All of them are as follows:
1. Check Battery Condition with Command Prompt
The first method that you can try to check the battery condition of your laptop is with Command Prompt. If you want to try this one, below is step by step to follow:
- Firstly, open the Command Prompt (CMD) on the laptop.
- In the CMD window, enter powercfg/batteryreport. Then, press Enter.
- Automatically, a file of information about the condition of the battery will be created which will be stored in HTML form. Please open the file according to the file location shown.
- In that file, you will be able to find information on Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity.
- Just focus on these two. If the difference between these two is still less than 50%, it means the condition of the battery is still good. On the other hand, if it reaches more than 50%, then the condition of the battery is bad.
- If the result is bad, go replace the battery of your laptop with a new one so that you can use it optimally.
2. Check Battery Condition with Battery Bar
These following are the instructions to follow to check laptop battery condition with Battery Bar:
- First of all, download the Battery Bar application which is available for free at here.
- Then, install the app.
- Once you have successfully installed the app, it will run automatically. On the taskbar, a green battery icon will show up which also displays the remaining available battery capacity.
- Please hover the mouse over the icon to display detailed information about the battery.
- In the last column, the Battery Wear information is shown, which shows the health level of the battery.
- If the number is still under 50%, it means the condition of the battery is still good. In contrast, if it is above 50%, then it is bad.
3. Check Laptop Battery Condition with Battery Care
The third way to check the condition of the laptop battery is by using Battery Care. All the steps include:
- The first thing that you have to do is to download and install the app called Battery Care.
- After downloading and installing the app, run it. Apparently, there are two types of information in Battery Care: Basic Information and Detailed Information.
- For the first one, it is available about battery status, remaining battery percent, and remaining battery time.
- Meanwhile, the second one includes the battery model, battery capacity, wear level, designed capacity, and so on.
4. Check Laptop Battery Condition with Battery Info View
It is also possible for you to check laptop battery condition with Battery Info View. Here is how to check it:
- First and foremost, download and install the Battery Info View app.
- After that, run the app and you will see some information about your laptop battery, including the battery name, serial number, current capacity, and so on.
- Battery Info View also has another view, which is the Battery Log mode or battery usage records. If you want to access it, you can press F8 on the keyboard and go back to the battery information mode by pressing F7.
5. See MacOS Laptop Battery Condition
In addition to the information above, there are also some tips for those who use Mac. If you are a Mac user, you can check the condition of the laptop battery by following the following steps:
- Click the Apple logo and then choose the “About This Mac” menu.
- Then, click “System Report” and then open the “Hardware” menu.
- Next, choose “Power”.
- By doing so, you will be able to find the condition of the Mac battery in the “Health Information” section.
These are the ways to check the condition of the laptop battery. Once again, you can check the condition of the battery first to decide whether you need to replace it or not.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…