With the advance of technology, you can really do any job more easily with only one hand. Scanning is one of the jobs made easier by the presence of sophisticated technology. Today, people can scan any document without the need for a scanner. Instead, you can only use some mobile apps or programs.
To scan documents without a scanner, you only need a smartphone, and everything can be done on it. You can also convert the scanned documents into another type of document, e.g., a PDF. If you really need the guide to scan documents in your smartphone without a scanner, you can dive into our post.
In this post, we will show you the four easy ways to scan documents without a scanner. Here they are:
Way 1: Scan a Document with Google Drive
If you use an Android phone, you can take advantage of Google Drive to scan a document without a scanner. You shouldn’t install any scanning apps if you use Google Drive. You can also save your scanned documents in PDF format.
Here’s how to scan a document with Google Drive!
- On your Android phone, open “Google Drive.”
- Then, click “Add (+)” in the bottom right.
- Tap “Scan” and capture a photo of the document you want to scan.
- Tap “Crop” to adjust the scan area.
- Tap “Rescan” the current page to take the photo again.
- Tap “Add” to scan another document.
- After that, you need to create your own title or select a suggested title.
- Last, click “Save” to save the finished document.
Well, the document or file you capture will be scanned as if you were inserting it into a scanner. You can then add uploaded scans to Google Drive as a PDF and start with the name “scanned,” followed by the date and time. In addition, you can also move, rename, and delete scanned documents or files by pressing the three dots next to the file name.
If you want to quickly scan a document with Google Drive, you can also add the Google Drive Scanner shortcut to your phone’s main screen. Here’s how to do it!
- First, open your Android phone or tablet’s widget.
- Then, find “Drive Scan.”
- Make sure to touch and hold the widget, and then drag it onto your home screen. Here, you may be required to choose an account.
- Select the folder you will save documents inside. To create a folder, you can click “New Folder.”
- Then, click “Select.”
- You can now see the folder name in the widget.
Okay, that’s how to scan a document with Google Drive and how to add the Google Drive Scanner widget to your phone’s home screen.
Way 2: Scan a Document with iPhone’s Notes
It’s known that iPhone will add the latest scanning feature to Notes when iOS 11 is released. If you’re an iPhone user and want to scan a document with Notes, make sure your iPhone has iOS 11 installed.
Here’s how to scan a document with the iPhone’s Notes!
- On your iPhone, open Notes.
- Open a new note by pressing the “New Note” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Then, choose the camera icon and choose “Scan Documents.”
- Make sure to position the document for scanning and press the button.
- If your scan is not clear, you can select “Retake” to scan the document again. If you have a clear scan, you can select “Keep Scan” and click
- If you want to upload the document you’ve scanned, you can choose “Upload.” You can also choose the type of file, convert it to another program, etc.
- If you want a scanned document in PDF, you can select “Create PDF,” and the scanned document will open in Notes.
- Last, click “Done.”
If you want to share the document you’ve scanned, you can choose the mail icon to add the document to an email. Then, you can fill in the email information, such as To, Subject, and Message. You can now send your scanned document to someone else.
Way 3: Scan a Document with CamScanner
Another way to scan a document is with CamScanner. It is known that CamScanner is a portable scanner and file saver. CamScanner likely works to turn your smartphone into a portable scanner or even a facsimile machine. CamScanner allows you to convert a document you’ve scanned into PDF, share documents, and also works as a text extraction tool.
So far, CamScanner makes it easier for you to scan any documents or files quickly and with good results. To use CamScanner, you need to download this app on your smartphone. If you already have the CamScanner app, you can then scan a document by following these steps:
- First, open CamScanner, which you’ve installed on your mobile phone.
- After the CamScanner app is open, you can register or login first and then tap Camera. If you use this app without logging in, you can click the “Use Now” button.
- In the following, you may need to click “Allow” to allow CamScanner to access media on your mobile phone.
- Then, click “Allow” again to allow CamScanner to capture a document.
- Now, you can start to scan a document. You can also select a single page or multiple pages for document scanning.
- Click “Next,” and the photo will automatically scan the document for adjustment.
- Then, tap the “Check Mark” on the bottom-right to apply the adjustment automatically.
- Click “New Doc” to rename the document you’ve scanned.
- Once renaming, you can click “OK” to rename the file.
- Then, click “Check Mark” on the bottom-right to complete the adjustments.
If you want to share the document you’ve scanned, you can:
- Click on the “Share” icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to share the document you’ve scanned.
- Then, choose Share PDF or Share JPG.
- You can also remove the CamScanner watermark in the lower right corner of the screen by pressing the Watermark text.
- After that, you can click the “Share” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Last, you can choose the app you want to share the scanned file with, e.g., Gmail.
That’s how to share the document you have scanned with someone.
Way 4: Scan a Document with Adobe Scan
The last option to scan a document without a scanner is Adobe Scan. This is a scanning app that does not use watermarks and is a portable PDF scanner that recognizes text immediately. If you want to use Adobe Scan to scan a document, you can do the following steps:
- First, download and install Adobe Scan on your smartphone.
- Open the Adobe Scan app and the display will appear like this when you open the camera.
- Point your mobile’s phone camera at the document you want to scan.
- Then, adjust your photo assignment by cropping it using the crop feature available on the app.
- You can now save the scanned document in PDF format by pressing the Save PDF button in the upper right corner.
Okay, these are the four easy ways to scan a document in your mobile phone with some scanning apps. We hope these ways can help you easily and quickly scan a document you want. Good Luck!!!
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…